1/32 Scale Decals Thread : To Inform And Discuss 1/32 Decals !

SharkOwl

1/32 Scale Decals Thread : To Inform And Discuss 1/32 Decals !

I am opening this new thread to discuss 1/32 Decals.

All subjects and matters concerning 1/32 Decals are welcome here to share the experience of all, not only with decals available on the market but also about the art of making our own 1/32 decals for our own personal (non commercial) projects.

Here is my first Topic :

Brazilian FMC will soon release a 1/32 decal sheet covering “Força Aerea Brasileira†Mirage III EBR for the 1/32 Italeri Mirage III E/R Kit.

Lets hope that FMC will also eventually release other 1/32 Scale decals sheet covering other Foreing Mirages III like their 48-29 Sheet that was offering markings for Egypt, Lebanon and Venezuela.

:goodjob:

SharkOwl

cec55f729ee1f4fa6e6e2df1b7e5c9f0.jpg

Edited by SharkOwl

Hi all,

What I find really strange is that there are no 1/32 patches are included in any kit/decal offering.

Pilots are covered in patches from their squadron, but also aircraft related patches like Eagledriver for F15's.

So why aren't those included? if a company brings out a kit with a pilot figure, and a decal sheet, it should'nt be so difficult to include some patches for that pilot.

With regards,

Rob

Pilots are covered in patches from their squadron, but also aircraft related patches like Eagledriver for F15's.

So why aren't those included? if a company brings out a kit with a pilot figure, and a decal sheet, it should'nt be so difficult to include some patches for that pilot.

Depends on which period, they're not always worn, would be removed for combat.

Hi all,

What I find really strange is that there are no 1/32 patches are included in any kit/decal offering.

With regards,

Rob

Master Details include patches with some of their resin pilot figures.

They are relatively easy to find on the web, reduce and print out on a domestic printer on plain decal paper then coat with microscale liquid decal before drying again and cutting out. Or even ordinary paper. Cut out and stick in place. Probably need to spray a fixative on paper.

It's actually a shame that seated pilot figures are so seldom included in modern kits.

I'd like to see the phenolic fibreglass canopy reinforcing strips included in decals of modern jets. These are so prominent on 1960s+ jets and such a PITA to mask and paint.

Tony

Hopefully this will be different that their previous sheet for EBRs, since the ones on that sheet had the angled fin extension in front of the tail that isn't in the Italeri E/R kit (but is in the C kit), and some on the sheet also had canards on the intake, which also isn't in the kit.

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/decals/fcm/decal_fcm_32009.shtml

Edited by Dave Williams

I'd like to see more commemorative squadron artworks (75 years e.g.) for all airforces that have had them applied.

They're always welcome in my decal collection.

There are several decal manufacturers who have scored lots of sales from this modeller when they do them!

I would like to praise AOA decals in particular for their stunning Skyraider sheets alone, more of same please!!!!  

• 4 weeks later...

Hello friends, my name in Felipe and I am the producer of FCM decals.  I have had more atention to 1/32 scale since I migrated to 1/32 scale as modeler.  The decal 32021 showed above by our friend SharkOwl is my last release in 1/32, but I have another new decal comming !

The next release in 1/32 scale, set 32022 is for the A-18G Growler, prepared for the Trumpeter kit, offering two versions of VAQ-132 Scorpions.  The decal was already sent by MicroScale and I beleive to have that in hands mid October:

32022a.jpg32022b.jpg

To see more details of my 1/32 decals range, please visit my website and my 1/32 sector: http://www.fcm.eti.br/32.html

A bit off topic - but I agree on adding more pilot figures.  Some of the aftermarket ones are about the same price as the kit i want to put the pilot in!  I think it adds so much to the plane to have a pilot in place and interacting with the plane or even looking out the side of the cockpit (or raising his hand to say hi).

Chris

A bit off topic - but I agree on adding more pilot figures.  Some of the aftermarket ones are about the same price as the kit i want to put the pilot in!  I think it adds so much to the plane to have a pilot in place and interacting with the plane or even looking out the side of the cockpit (or raising his hand to say hi).

Chris

I agree with you.  It is very sad only Hasegawa, Tamiya and Academy include seated pilot figures in their 1/32 kits...  I have needed to copy these to some of the other kits...  The figures of Tamiya kits have an individual sprue, these could be sold separately.