Hobby Boss IL-2M3 (*DONE* and more pics added to Pg.7!)

mywifehatesmodels

Thanks everyone!

Matty,

my property is surrounded by cropland. That field was soy beans this year but has already been plowed under after the harvest. It's pretty flat and usually very windy out here. I literally live in "Little House on the Prairie" country, not far from Walnut Grove. I was hoping to catch some traces of snow in the background but it all melted in the last couple days. Not to worry however, as I'm sure we'll have more in the next couple days.

Thanks again,

John

Thanks again, all.

Kai,

I know I cut some corners to get this one finished and you, of all people, can surely see that. But, I do appreciate the kind words and have to thank you again for posting your single-seater build, as it was a great inspriation.

Ted,

I know what you mean, because I want ANOTHER one! :D

Thanks again,

John

Thanks, Jason!

I was aware of the spelling difference, but "sturmovik" is more commonly used in searches and, after all, we're just using English, anyway. I certainly take that as a compliment, though,  as I know you are a guy who definitely knows his "Shturmoviks"!

Thanks for dropping in!

John

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone!

I was able to get out for a few pics today, despite the 33 degree temp. The wind was light and the sun was a little stronger than I would have liked (no real cloud cover), but this was probably as good as it's going to get for the next few months. Needless to say, it was a quick photo shoot. I didn't want to get the model too cold, then bring it back in to a heated area, for fear that the seams would pop.

Thanks again for following along.

John

OD14_zpsc0b8de0b.jpg

I just wanted to say John that I walked through the massed ranks of these at the Beijing China Aviation Museum when the light was similar to this.

This has to be one of the most realistic looking model photos I have seen as I was immediately taken back to that trip as soon as I saw this picture...

...really, genuinely, truly stunning build and presentation.   :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say John that I walked through the massed ranks of these at the Beijing China Aviation Museum when the light was similar to this.

This has to be one of the most realistic looking model photos I have seen as I was immediately taken back to that trip as soon as I saw this picture...

...really, genuinely, truly stunning build and presentation.   :wub:

LLM,

Sorry that I didn't see your post right away. I haven't been getting reply notifications recently, for some reason.

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate the feedback. Even though our models are what they are (flaws and all!), I feel like they always look better when put in a more natural setting and try to photograph them that way, whenever possible. To get feedback from someone who has seen the real thing in such a setting and can make such a comparison is priceless.

Thanks again,

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

I haven't been getting reply notifications recently, for some reason.

We're having a lot of trouble at the moment (ongoing, actually) with email from our server being caught in, or rejected by, spam filters. I get lots of bounce-backs from notification emails, and I think I might have seen your email address in there once or twice, John. Unfortunately, there's almost nothing I can do about it.

Kev

We're having a lot of trouble at the moment (ongoing, actually) with email from our server being caught in, or rejected by, spam filters. I get lots of bounce-backs from notification emails, and I think I might have seen your email address in there once or twice, John. Unfortunately, there's almost nothing I can do about it.

Kev

Don't sweat it, Kevin. I know how it goes (used to run a flight sim server and forums with a small group of guys and just the tech end of it was pretty much a full time job and that's when everything was working as it should!). This hasn't been too big of an issue, really, since I'm usually on the forums quite a bit lately. The funny thing is that I still get PM notifications, MOST of the time (but some go missing once in a while). But, as for responses in threads, I think I've received one email in the last several months and that was just within the last couple days. I've tried revising my notification settings, several times. But, again, it's not a huge problem.

Thanks,

John