IAF F-16I SUFA UPDATE: 5/17/14: PAINTING AND CAMMO

Guest Peterpools

WOW :m0152:  :piliot:  Peter!

That turned out really really well! It's got to be a relief to have that part of it out of the way, now you can see the finish line too! 

Keep up the great work my friend,

Paul 

Guest Peterpools

Hakan

Much appreciated but as I look at the photos, I need to smooth out some of the dark brown.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks

paul

I'm glad the hardest part of the cammo work is done and tomight, I do a bit more clean up and then get ready to move on. At this point, I'm really looking forward to the finish line.

Peter

Looking really great, Peter

Wow, the Sufa is certainly a beautiful incarnation of the F-16.  Your build inspires me to work on mine, but, there is the Stars of the Silver Screen GB on Flory deadline looming, the Anything but Injected GB deadline here on 30 June, and the Vietnam GB for which I plan to build an as yet undetermined group of models, so my Sufa will have to wait for a while. :)  So many models, so little time.

Be Well,

John

Guest Peterpools

Thanks John

So very much appreciated. The Sufa has really turned into a handful but with a bit of luck, I've turned the corned and will keep pushing towards the finish line. I'm pretty sure at this point, I won't finish her before the GB ends but finish I will.

I do watch Phil's weekly News and know the deadline for the Silver Screen GB is just around the corner and the pressure has to be on and the LSP GB is close to the end as well. Sure looks like we'll be starting the Air War Over Vietnam GB about the same time.

Peter

Woohoo, Peter!  This monster looks splendid under its camo coat~! a little touching up here and there and you will  have it ready for decaling. 

Great job with that airbrush, pal~!

Fab

Guest Peterpools

Thanks mark

Much appreciated. Spend a few more hours refining the edges and getting the cammo a bit crisper. Getting ready for the undersides later today and then decaling the Targeting/Nav pods.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Kev

Not sure if it's my age setting in or just long long of a painting session on the cammo but I have notices the old steadiness isn't what it use to be.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Carl

Egads! The Viper hit the floor? Hope it is repairable and you are able to then role her down the line towards the hanger door.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

iI Fab

Very much appreciated. I've spent a few more hours on the cammo betwen last night and this morning cleaning up any over spray and smoothing out the colors. The rest should hopefully blend nicely when glossed.

Peter

Thanks Carl

Egads! The Viper hit the floor? Hope it is repairable and you are able to then role her down the line towards the hanger door.

Peter

It don't make it to the floor since i caught it in my lap but doing so, I broke off one of the horizontal stabs. I'm going to use some brass roof to pin it back on hopefully.

Just need to find the time.

Carl