Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage

Hi all!

Spent the last couple of days working on the camo and initial weathering a bit more.

Having received a few reference photos from some FB group members I repainted all fabric areas in slightly lighter shades of the base colours to simulate the different weathering those areas received in reality.

As the initial contrast was too stark I went over them with highly diluted dark blue to blend them in a bit.

I also reworked the colour separation between the dark and light blues on the fuselage to make it softer and closer to the real thing.

I didn't do much work on the white areas as I think oils will be more that enough to create a nicely weathered look.

Next step is to work on the chipping!

bbgFgP.jpg

1WzlDd.jpg

Hqg1CF.jpg

szZkjP.jpg

lzvlVb.jpg

BAhoFe.jpg

3O9iSZ.jpg

ThAUUJ.jpg

6LK82b.jpg

QBx3J4.jpg

aJGmyL.jpg

xnqaLk.jpg

4SdfLZ.jpg

PMg7iX.jpg

Edited by spyrosjzmichos

Spyros,

The weathering just continues to look better and better.  At this point I'd call the top side and outer lower wing panels done. Wheel wells certainly have that operational look to them. And nice job on the pilot figure. Anyone who can paint one gets a  :thumbsup:  from me, simply because I can't.

Joel

Spyros,

The weathering just continues to look better and better.  At this point I'd call the top side and outer lower wing panels done. Wheel wells certainly have that operational look to them. And nice job on the pilot figure. Anyone who can paint one gets a  :thumbsup:  from me, simply because I can't.

Joel

Thank you Joel! Glad you like it!  :)