1/32 Revell Focke Wulf Fw190 F-8 White 48........FINISHED.

monthebiff

Time to start a new build and this time I have decided to go for a fully opened up front end with lots of interior on show which is something I don't normally go for, so I am going with the new Revell Fw 190 with the full Eduard Brassin works...........

_1478980124_20161112_193701.jpg

Looking forward to getting on with this one and shoe horning all that extra detail in!!

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Andy

Terrific choice for your next build and with all the goodies!

Looking forward to following your progress

Peter

Cool. A couple of these going on right now.

Going to follow your build, I fancy getting one of these.

Darren

Thank you for your comments guys, will also try and get a couple of pics of the bird I am building up during the weekend.

Regards. Andy  

A comparison between the Eduard resin and kit cockpit tubs in readiness for a good day at the bench tomorrow

20161115-180521.jpg

20161115-180416.jpg

A quick test fit into the fuselage and all looks very good so far, also need to decide if I'm removing both of the exhaust shrouds or just one before I go much further and show as much detail as possible in the front end once all the eduard resin is in place?

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Just ordered one myself. This interior looks great indeed. I included the Eduard cockpit and bronze undercarriage. 

Does anyone here know if other nations flew this variant, before I go in search of decal sheets? I've decided where possible to pose German A/C in the colours of its allies. Just to be different.

Andy, does the cockpit set include the PE instrument panel?

I shall be following this thread with great interest.

On 11/18/2016 at 12:05 AM, mpk said:

Just ordered one myself. This interior looks great indeed. I included the Eduard cockpit and bronze undercarriage. 

Does anyone here know if other nations flew this variant, before I go in search of decal sheets? I've decided where possible to pose German A/C in the colours of its allies. Just to be different.

The cockpit set is supplied with resin instrument panels and decals, the only coloured etch in this set is for the seat belts but I wont be using these on my build

20161118-102203.jpg

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Royal Hungarian Air Force, 76 or so. Two sets of decals available from HADmodels of Hungaria.

USAF operated a few captured one. I am building one of them at the moment in the thread "The Butcher in Yellow". Beware - my one is the ancient Revell F-8 kit from Jurassic age! :wicked:

Romania never recieved F-8s from Germany, but put 9 of the 100+ captured F-8s in service.

Yugoslav partisans captured one F-8, that was usid first by the partisans, post-war by Yugoslav Air Force, marked as white 11. Today in museum in Belgrad.

Most unusual paint job (beside the parrot colored US ones) was a soviet captured F-8 used by "Kommando Seydlitz" in spring 1945. This was a communist German propaganda unit of the Red Army. If used british(!) roundels at the rudder, plain red stars at fuselage and upper wing, an German Balkencrosses at the lower wing - they had the inner black part overpainted in red. To add another twist there was the black inscription FREIES DEUTSCHLAND running between the Balkencrosses, readeable from behind...

Of course there were a lot of captured and repainted F-8s in non-flyable conditions.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

Made a start on the cockpit today, very happy indeed with the quality and fit of the Eduard resin and going together with ease so far. 

20161118-130048.jpg

Cockpit combing clips into place of the original part with no fuss.

20161118-125955.jpg

Cockpit tub and armored head rest assembled.

20161118-131306.jpg

Also decided to remove an exhaust cowl on one side only to show as much detail as possible, thinking of also opening up one of the gun bays in the wing root.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Nice beginning! :thumbsup:

I was able to reboot my hobby room again and will go on with my vintage Revell F-8 build. Lets say that my kit has a lot more of rivets over it. Much more. Plus a few extra rivets too. Looks like rivets formation flying :wicked:

But the old kit lacks the shroud around the IP hood (and the holes too, bu they are an easy fix). Not to mention the lower exhausts... If I want to build another one I'll go with the new F-8 kit, indeed. The resin parts add also a lot to the overall nice new Revell kit.

Regards

- dutik

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress on the Brassin engine bulkhead/ MG 131 installation.

20161127-140718-1.jpg

20161127-140754.jpg

Fir of parts is again excellent as is the resin cockpit, Could do with finding some good detail reference for the bulkhead wiring/ cable installation before I go to much further. Also need to get the Archer resin rivet set out to detail the rear of the U/C bays.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff