Photo

Using Photobucket on a mobile device like an iPad for posts on LSP.

Photobucket app linking pics on ipad

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MostlyRacers

MostlyRacers

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:59 AM

I know PB is under a lot of justified criticism, and was just as pissed as others by the blackout in november last year.

This is when I opened an account with Imgur, but 1) I am not sure their business model (totally free) is really sustainable and fears what would happen if (or when) they fold, and 2) I found features like the instant "likes" and "dislikes" of the posted pictures by unknowns pretty irritating. There is a reason why I am not on FB, Twitter and all the social networks, where unlike forums, you cannot really choose your company. Imgur seems to be like these loathed (by me) businesses ...

So let's put a bit of positive vibes about Photobucket, especially if like me you use more and more an iPad to browse LSP, and use your mobile devices like a smartphone to take pics.

1. There is a free Photobucket app available for smartphones and iPads
2. It gives you instantaneously more free space than the computer login ID
3. You need a wifi connection to use it and not kill your monthly bandwidth allotment on your phone, but then the upload is really fast and trouble-free
4. And finally, there is a feature that allows you to link pics and do your postings on a forum like LSP completely from an iPad.

Here is how to do it. When you have uplaoded your pic from your mobile device library (main menu of the PB app; choose "upload" and select your pics in your library, et voilĂ  !), go to the pic. At the bottom left corner of the pic, there is a superimposed "i" tag. When you tap it, it opens a submenu of informations about the pic. This submenu contains link codes, including the famous "IMG" one for linking pics. Tap it, and you get a "link copied" message.

Back to your forum post. Enter your text and paste the IMG link from the PB app. All done !

I used this feature for my post about my new working space. It worked like a charm, and never one minute did I have to sit in front of the computer, or link a camera to the 'puter and go through the painful uploading process of internet PB.

I have an iPhone and iPad, so obviously did not check with an Android device, but I would assume the process to be similar.

I thought that maybe some of you would find this tip interesting. And finally, btw, the app has all the picture-editing features of the computer PB.

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers, 20 April 2017 - 06:11 PM.

• Bomber_County and cdnguy68 like this

#2 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 39,019 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

That's great advice, Hubert! I had someone ask me about posting images from an iPad the other day, and I didn't really have an answer for them. Now I do!

Kev

• cdnguy68 likes this

#3 Lee White

Lee White

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the info, Hubert- I'll  write out your info. The crazy thing is, I used my iPad to post pics from the 2013 Nationals, but couldn't remember how I did it! I have the memory of a Goldfish sometimes.

1/35 AH-56A Cheyenne-DONE!
1/32 Yak-38- Done!

1/32 F-111C for the ABIM Group Build!

#4 themongoose

themongoose

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:45 AM

Wow I'm off to try this right now! PB is a pain on my ipad. Half the time i click on the img field half dozen times to get the select all otion to show up. Thanks!

#5 Bomber_County

Bomber_County

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hubert you are a star...........

Off to try it now.......
Phil.

LSP - On the bench - Tamiya Birdcage, SH Tempest V - hi tech
LSP - Stash - Tamiya Mosquito, Revell Ju87B, 1/24 P51D Mustang

#6 Bomber_County

Bomber_County

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

Ok Hubert, I spoke to soon, can find the app for the iPhone but not for the iPad...........

Any chance of pasting the link.......

Thanks
Phil.

LSP - On the bench - Tamiya Birdcage, SH Tempest V - hi tech
LSP - Stash - Tamiya Mosquito, Revell Ju87B, 1/24 P51D Mustang

#7 MostlyRacers

MostlyRacers

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

It's the same app. If you have the same IOS, can't find any reason for not installing the PB app on your iPad. As my apps are duplicated between both machines, downloading the app on my iPad got it installed on the iPhone as well.

A web search will yield faster results than a search on the Appstore, btw.

Hubert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users