Virginia Marie using Trumpeter P-38 Lightning

dmthamade

What a smart looking P-38 Don. Did you use any canopy masks on her? The drop tanks looks great as well.

I used the Eduard mask set for the canopy, been using them for years!! I can't remember the last time i cut tape and masked the canopy the old school way. Thanks for the support, guys!! I did manage to finish the build. lotsa pics.

CS7ZWj.jpg

jPxHzL.jpg

WejuuM.jpg

UW8va9.jpg

mGAv87.jpg

The external lights i have to come up with a solution. I was going to mix paint with Bondic glue and make lights but didn't work. Thinking about clear expoxy and paint, but this sounds like the Bondic idea. All but one gun barrels went in ok, the longest sticks out a little too far, the super glue took hold faster than i was able to work....I added oil staining to the panels under the engines and at the front of the main gear doors using Tamiya black panel line accent and a can of compressed air. One last issue, the build doesn't fit in the display case, i think if i tilt it and hang from a shelf it'll be ok. Darn...

Don

I was considering selling my boxing of the kit as most of the decals available are for J models which this kit isn't and wouldn't be a true J of any block number without some work which wouldn't be astronomical in making a late J but I still couldn't muster the desire to get started on that but this build has convinced me to keep the kit and keep it an L series. Very nice build and great work.