Amodel 1/72nd JRM-3 Martin Mars

Radders

Radders............... many thanks for the web link, it is on my fav's now......I will pass it on to the guys at the 'other' firebombers site......it may pick up speed... and Robb at Odd Bob  is a great guy, I talk with him almost daily....I'm very interested in what else you are working on...... now  a quick squizz around LSP, and off to your site for a detailed look.....this is cool

Jeff

Coulson is really getting big in the fire bomber world. They had their former Navy C-130Q that was converted to a fire bomber here at Kirtland last year. Got a tour of it...very nice Herk on the inside. Had a former NASCAR hauler all painted up as their mobile parts shop. That was really nice too. The crew chief had been a MC-130E crew chief at Hurlburt Field. That MARS is a big airplane...like to see that finished!

I fell in love with the Martin Mars the second I heard they existed. That they were kept flying as tankers is epic.  These videos will give you an idea how huge these beasts are, and why they are not flying anymore, at least as firebombers. The logistical tail to keep them flying and just operate them is insane.  The view count on these videos being under 1000 makes me really sad. Kermit Weeks is Awesome! Talk about Large Scale Planes!

maxresdefault.jpg

For a fun tour of these MONSTER planes, check these out.  

Edited by JeepsGunsTanks