Emil Lang, Fw190A-5 Black 7, 5./JG 54, May 1943

Hello Mark, if you need of any detail pictures for A5, I can snap some for you at the Flying Heritage Museum. Just let me know what part in particular . I've been planning trip to Everett for a while now anyways :)

Cheers

Martin

Martinn, I almost forgot, many thanks for posting the imagery. An unique photograph of a sledding FW.

John, Thank you for the compliment. I was just killing time this summer and thought I would see what I could see when I broke out this kit. I don't have any immediate plans to continue with this. I was just hanging out with a Focke Wulf.

Thank you, Harrison. There has got to be at least one more in your stash.

Martinn, Many thanks for your offer. I still need to do the wheel wells, windshield interior, and canopy interior, so if you're able to access those areas that would be a good thing for me. Thank you once again.

Thank you, Sinuhe. I honostly don't know how soon I'm going to get back to this to complete it after I finish doing some scratchbuilding in the wheel wells, windshield interior and canopy interior. I'm not going to bother with the tail wheel well. I've had enough of those.

I've already broken out the Trumpeter F4U-1D and have begun work on that. I guess I could always jump back and forth between the two. Something I had not thought about until this moment.

I too like this scheme. It's colorful, which fits my bill. You should go for it and start tinkering with the kit. Keep us posted on your progress as well.

Appreciate you stopping by.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Those are the darndest hand-made 1/32nd wheels I have ever seen. The spacing is incredible.

Appreciate you bringing them to my attention.

Sincerely,

Mark

No problem Mark, I was just trying to make a note of one of Hasegawa's shortcomings. And despite the high price tag, they are a real marvel. I bought them in addition to my build and I was impressed, well worth it.

Cheers

Martin

Apologies for not reponding earlier. Computer problems and power outages.

Fiddly is right, Sparzana. Especially the engine and landing gear. Redid the engine electrical distribution ring base because I didn't like my first solution. The first one had the red insulation seated in the bolts which splintered the bolts, so I removed everything, applied new bolts, drilled the bolts to accept the wiring, then threaded on the insulations. Using a thinner drill bit and inserting the wire instead of using a thicker drill bit and inserting the insulation was a much better solution.

For the landing gear, I first used brass wire to mount the struts to the doors but couldn't finish the wire to the face of the door. So I turned to using styrene rod. It's too thick for scale, as it were, but thinner rod was too flexible. So I actually ended up mounting the struts to the doors three times before I found an end solution.

Thank you, Matt. Practice makes perfect!

Martinn, Is it the tire that's wrong or the wheel? The tire in the photo is the same as that found in the model, but different from Jerrys'. The wheels are entirely different. Which are you suggesting is correct? Also, after spending time on the tires/wheels, I don't know if I want to toss that effort away.

Thank you, pL. No, no surgically precise hands. Just an attention to detail and scale, and some really good tweezers!

You should break out that Eduard kit. We can have a build-along!

Thank you, Fillipo. I've put aside the Trumpeter F-4U-1D I pulled out to mess around with. Ugh, what a kit!, until I get my F4U Erection and Maintenance CD from http://www.fighter-plane-blueprints-plans.co.uk/Sales-List-Inventory-Aircraft.php .

For this build, I've been working on the horizontal stabilizers to remove the elevators and have been studying the flaps to determine how to make those. I hope to have an update in the next week or so.

Thank you, Maru. Appreciate your praise.

Thank you all for stopping by and commenting. Your favorable words do make ones heart sing.

Sincerely,

Mark