Need Me-163 pilot references

BiggTim

I have decided to go ahead and "rocket" through the build of the Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust conversion that Derek gave me for Christmas (thanks again!), but I am planning an "in flight" build, so I need a pilot. I have plenty of the crappy old Hase Luftwaffe pilots that I can correct, but I have literally NO references for this plane beyond the internet, and the excellent Meng build tbell recently posted. Does anyone know if the Komet pilots were equipped any differently than a typical Luftwaffe pilot? Thanks, will post WIP pics soon.

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

Squadron made one in metal, and a British-based company make one in resin, which I have but can't recall who made it, will look in my figures box...

Both have similar poses http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/me163/model057.htm

Here you go Retrokit, they also have a seated figure planned http://www.retrokitonline.net/index.php?cPath=10_23&sid=tsc0vdo6mus6pvd2kuh6a2oii2

Edited by Kagemusha

Thanks, I just spotted those myself. It does look to me like the suit is somewhat different. Maybe heavy fire resistant coveralls, thicker gloves, rubber boots w/ elastic at the top? Is that what you guys see?

Squadron made one in metal, and a British-based company make one in resin, which I have but can't recall who made it, will look in my figures box...

Both have similar poses http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/me163/model057.htm

Oh, very cool! I had not seen that before. Wish he was seated, but that is a great reference!

Cool!  Did not know either of these figgies existed!!     Ill need one of em for my forthcoming Me-163 dio...............just not sure which yet.

It's worth remembering the pilots spent as little time in the cockpit as they had to, even after a mission...

It's worth remembering the pilots spent as little time in the cockpit as they had to, even after a mission...

I believe I would have gotten the hell out of that contraption asap, too!

Good points!    :lol:   My dio will depict a recently landed Me-163 about to get "pickly forked" by a Shlepper and hydro trailer................with pilot (likely standing) in sitch outside the 163 with observers in staff car and Luftwaffe ground personnel in process of retrieving the 163.

Good points!    :lol:   My dio will depict a recently landed Me-163 about to get "pickly forked" by a Shlepper and hydro trailer................with pilot (likely standing) in sitch outside the 163 with observers in staff car and Luftwaffe ground personnel in process of retrieving the 163.

Mine will be a much simpler flight display w/ closed (maybe removable for admiring my incredible scratch built details  ;)).

The only tough part is deciding whether to attempt to represent the blast coming from the nozzle or not. Do you guys know if it was fire, or was it more like a soda rocket, and white in color?

Mine will be a much simpler flight display w/ closed (maybe removable for admiring my incredible scratch built details  ;)).

The only tough part is deciding whether to attempt to represent the blast coming from the nozzle or not. Do you guys know if it was fire, or was it more like a soda rocket, and white in color?

IIRC I think it was observed as almost if not  all smoke, but others may know more.

Thanks, I just spotted those myself. It does look to me like the suit is somewhat different. Maybe heavy fire resistant coveralls, thicker gloves, rubber boots w/ elastic at the top? Is that what you guys see?

The gear was more for prevention of Chemical Burns I think than :blowup: 

Cheers