how bad is the.... Revell P-38?

Mark M

IMO, good in general shape and scale, absolutely horrible in overall detail. I say this as an owner of three of them, and 3 Trumpies, too.

It works the best as a closed up flight display, because the interior, canopy, gear and bay doors are it's weakest links. It usually requires a complete fill, sand, and re-scribe job to look decent.

However, if your friend isn't too picky about details, it sure looks like a big P-38 OOB!

Edited by BiggTim

I've heard the newer HobbyBoss kit isn't so bad. Academy is still the "go to" kit, while Monogram requires much patience and deft handling as Shawn M above shows in his build. But, I have heard very good things about the Hobbyboss kit in terms of fit. So, that may be the way you want to go.

Built the Revell 1/32 Droop Snoot as a kid and I have a gun nose in the stash. I agree with BiggTim, the kit hasn't got much in terms of detail. If you've built any of the other ancient 1/32 Revell kits you pretty much know what to expect. Despite that it still looks impressive when built. I plan to build mine in flight and stick her to the ceiling.