1/32 Hasegawa P-26A Peashooter Part Deux...

Shaka HI

Lothar/Max, thanks...corrected WB -- more picts, smaller resolution. I'm 3 for 3 on GB! But this was difficult to finish due to the lack of motivation. I'm not sure why because I think it's my best "work". Probably because I had to redo things more than once. Trying to get a "flawless" finish is much more difficult to something you're gonna weather to bits. It was another learning build...

(Rigging is all fishing line and looks like I need to tight them a bit. The decals performed flawlessly, BUT, I believe the national markings are a bit too small..and dust, dust, dust! I had sand and repaint at least 3 times on certain areas due to DUST. Lastly, there's spider cracks on the Future finish above the upper/port-side national markings that's barely detectable, but I'm unsure what will occur as the finish fully cures..)

UwV1smh.jpg

lofsaLV.jpg

82VjecA.jpg

uOH9bcY.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

Absolutely outstanding - simply gorgeous finish and your airbrush skills are exceptional. Completely agree that a non -weathered, flawless  finish is a totally different discipline requiring different skills and a ton of work.

Aces on the build my friend. A pleasure to follow along

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

A true masterpiece. Motivated or not, you took it to the end, and the result speaks for itself.

VERY well done, my friend :bow:

Hubert

PS: so that makes two of us across the finish line, with Carl in the final home run. Wouldn't it be good if, like the Three Musketeers, we were four ;) ?

Edited by MostlyRacers

A true masterpiece. Motivated or not, you took it to the end, and the result speaks for itself.

VERY well done, my friend :bow:

Hubert

PS: so that makes two of us across the finish line, with Carl in the final home run. Wouldn't it be good if, like the Three Musketeers, we were four ;) ?

Thanks everyone...Hubert, there were some interesting builds of AC I haven't even heard of, so it's a bit disappointing to see a only a few finished before the end of this build...too bad. But this GB is still only on a single page for me so perhaps the interest just wasn't there.

Anyway it was "fun". Now off to the Jurassic GB!

Very, very nice finish there Shaka.

It's that extra challenge of pushing our skills beyond our usual comfort zone that made it extra rewarding, as I found out rigging my Snipe.

Clean, glossy finished are definitely tough. Thankfully it wasn't gloss black which is the worst for getting a flawless finish.

Carl