Taking suggestions for Group Build topic to replace Shelf of Doom at t

BradG

How about a "Just Build it" GB? Any subject any era. This would allow every member to participate since we all have at least one LSP in the stash. 

Mike

I second Mike's suggestion!

This would allow all/any genre's from 1914 through and to the present.

Edited by Gigant

The problem is kit availability in 1/32 and above. I count maybe 10 and about half of those would be very expensive resin or Wingnuts kits. There's just not enough to run a GB unfortunately. We also just recently ran a Helicopter GB.

Would you at least keep this possibility alive? It has not been done, could be modified to NO wheels............ floats, skis, skids, and hulls (amphibious). 

There are more float planes than you think, There are some in 1/24, and a lot in 1/32 including conversions. Don't forget the civilian pipers and Cessnas.  

This also opens it up to any aircraft that have Skis mounted, Stukas, ME-163, Storch, IL-2, piper cub, spad, X-15, etc. I have even seen pictures of a P-39 and P-38 on skis.

Skids would be many different helicopters.

Also, don't forget about 1/24 also.

Edited by 1to1scale

Would you at least keep this possibility alive? It has not been done, could be modified to NO wheels............ floats, skis, skids, and hulls (amphibious). 

There are more float planes than you think, There are some in 1/24, and a lot in 1/32 including conversions. Don't forget the civilian pipers and Cessnas.  

This also opens it up to any aircraft that have Skis mounted, Stukas, ME-163, Storch, IL-2, piper cub, spad, X-15, etc. I have even seen pictures of a P-39 and P-38 on skis.

Skids would be many different helicopters.

Also, don't forget about 1/24 also.

I'd say opening it to 'No wheels' makes it just viable as a subject. Good idea.

To me, the more inclusive the build, the better.  So I'd be happy with "just build it," or "colorful paint schemes," or "bare it all."  The first is clearly the most inclusive, though I suppose it would be like the WiP folder.  Personally, I'd love a BMF build, mainly because I have a lot of suitable kits.

In light of the upcoming demise of Pacific Coast Models, how about a Salute to Pacific Coast?  Builds of any one of their kits. Surely we all have builds we have done or on the SOD or in the box waiting to be started.

No demise, they have new owners. It will live on.