Taking suggestions for Group Build topic to replace Shelf of Doom at t

BradG

Still 20 days for you guys to clear the shelf of doom, but just thought I'd ask for replacement suggestions. Please keep in mind two things; kit availability in large scale and what we have done before. You can see previous topics in the Group Build section.

How about a subject i have not seen, but has many kits available across the century of aviation...

Water Wings...Floatplanes, amphibious airplanes and helicopters.

The problem is kit availability in 1/32 and above. I count maybe 10 and about half of those would be very expensive resin or Wingnuts kits. There's just not enough to run a GB unfortunately. We also just recently ran a Helicopter GB.

What about a „Corsair“ group built...?

Multiple versions are available, biplane, prop, jet...

:-D

I'll add it to the list of possibilities, I know Kev won't like it though, he doesn't like singular type subjects lol.

The broader the subject the better really. Keep'em coming.

How about a group build along the lines of "What have I got my self into" - something that started out a a simple build , and became something a lot more difficult and involved  rather in the way my P-61 build has become ..

I'm sure we've all had builds like that that have gone pear shaped...

Just a thought

ColinR

'Small Air Forces of the World'.  All eras.

'The Art of Camouflage.'  All eras.

'Strike!'  Gotta have at least one exposed bomb, of course.  All eras.

'Jet Engined'.  All eras.

'Give 'em Props'.  All eras.

'Double Duty'  Anything with two engines, or two seats, or both.  All eras.

'Missile Mania'.  Anything with missiles.  All eras.

'Green with Envy'.  Gotta have some green on it.  All eras.

Sincerely,

Mark

How about aircraft wrecks so many aircraft scrapyards during ww2 that should cover availability

I am one that has a number of unstarted old vac kits for example that would work out well. Cool photos are common on the web. The book, "Meatballs and Dead Birds" is a good reference for Japanese wrecks and broken up war booty.

Rick

Just brain-storming here.

How about "Ever Been to Sea Billy?" It could cover any aircraft that has been attached to a Navy of any country or time period. That would allow seaplanes, carrier aircraft, liaison aircraft, even experiments.

Or, with Remembrance Day/Veterans Day in mind, I thought about "Family Service". That would cover aircraft that had a connection to you or your relatives; your father's aircraft, something you flew or serviced, an uncle...you get the picture. A nice brief write-up of the reason for the choice would be interesting.

And I'll throw this one out again, an idea that worked really well in our local club. "Colour me ______" . Choose a  colour, and as long as the aircraft carried that colour somewhere it would qualify. The local club chose "Red" and there was everything from Arctic Red panels to spinners and lightning stripes (including a very, very loose interpretation of "red", a Soviet tank because it was Communist!). That would be pretty wide open to everything, civilian and military.

Just some thoughts...