HOBBY BOSS F-84G THUNDERJET! Progress 8/23/15

Girlscanplay2

Lookin' Good Teresa,

It's a nice kit and the pit is painting up nicely.

So thats what the landing gear wells look like :rofl: :rofl:

Have you decided to try foiling?

I know Paul has a good handle on nmf finishes so either way you'll have a Sharp Thunderjet

watch'in you

Jack

PS  Give Paul a KISS for me :wub:

Shut-up Ernie

Thanks Jack!! Yes that is what I do believe the gear wells look like.. :rofl:  Haven't decided about the foiling :doh:  Ummm the kiss I will leave up to you my friend  :rofl:  (Don't even want to know)! :wub:

Yes Ernie, no comment  :rofl:

Nice work, Teresa. Keep it coming ! :goodjob:

Hubert

Thank you so much Hubert means a lot!! 

That pit looks amazing dear friend !Nice ab work also. Go get them !.........Harv :popcorn:

Hi Harv my friend!! I don't know about amazing, but I am doing my best. Thank you so much!! Hope you are doing great!! Thanks for looking in.  :D

Nice pit!

I tend to drybrush some light color at the edges (actually, I paint it with a fine brush, but drybrushing will do the trick too) to bring out the shapes inside the pit. With dark painted cockpits you loose all details and the parts/ extra parts added after hiding it in the fuselage, especially under a closed hood. A little bit of drybrushing takes care of this issue and helps to do justice to your modelling efforts. 

Regards

- dutik

Thank you Dutik!

Thanks for the advice. I did do a little dry brushing but maybe I need more, I will take a look my friend.

Thank you for looking in! Appreciate it.

Hi 

nice job Madame !!!! this cockpit looks fine ..I didn't know there was a kit dedicated to the French F84 ....good to know !!!!

Alain

Thank you for your kind words Alain!!

French F-84 markings are terrific, :thumbsup:  but at this time I have some markings that I will be using on this particular project that I had already chosen before I received the kit.

If you would like them since I will not be using them at this time, PM me your address, I would be happy to send them to you if you would like them or can use them for your projects. :)

Thank you again Sir!

Teresa 

Lovely work indeed!

Thank you Brian!! Much appreciated!

Beautiful cockpit, Teresa. The buckles on the seatbelts look so much like real metal, amazing. Are you using buffable metalic paint? I will follow with interest. 

Thank you Dukie!! 

On the seat belts I used Model Master Chrome (Enamel paint). Very easy to apply just have to be careful and try to use one stroke application otherwise it may show blobs or streaks. It just kind of lays into

the detail of the part very nicely I have found.

Thank you for looking in!

Teresa 

PS:

Guys I have been looking in on your builds and I learn something new each time. There is so many great builds going on that I try to look in and at least click the like button to let you know you are doing

such great work. :yahoo: 

Boy it is hard sometimes to keep up with it all... :doh:

So I am taking this opportunity now to say I applaud you  :clap2: keep up the inspiration for others like me!  :D

Thank you for your advice, support or just looking in!  :wub:

Teresa

Guest Peterpools

Teresa

Some mighty wonderful work and realistic weathering on the front offcie and wheel wells.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Nice work Teresa keep going.

Do you already have the foil for this one?

Looking forward to see more.

Mark

Thank you Mark!

I don't have the foil that I am aware of, I know you have a tutorial out there somewhere about foiling right?

When I get ready to make a decision on what I am going to attempt to do, I will take another look.

Thanks for looking in!

Teresa  :D

Teresa

Some mighty wonderful work and realistic weathering on the front offcie and wheel wells.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you for your kind words Peter!

I still have some work to do on the front office etc.

I had a 15 1/2 hour day at work the other day and slept half of my day yesterday  :doh: but hope to put some time this week.

Thanks for looking in.

Teresa  :D

• 3 months later...
Guest Clunkmeister

Teresa!

Stop monkeying around, get out from in front of the tube, and build this thing. You have a little over 5 weeks!

image.jpg1_zpsh1rrmgez.jpg

Teresa!

Stop monkeying around, get out from in front of the tube, and build this thing. You have a little over 5 weeks!

image.jpg1_zpsh1rrmgez.jpg

WHAT??? :doh:

monkey.jpg

Yep thats all I do  :rofl:

Sometimes I watch Paul.

Get-The-Monkey-Off-Your-Back.jpg

A womans work is NEVER done  :rolleyes:

web-Jamie-apron-sweep-nut-shells-housewo

Thanks for the reminder of the time I have left Ern!  :frantic:

I actually did a couple of small things yesterday, I will get on it!!!

Thanks for the love my friend  :fight:

Teresa  :)