Arado Ar 234A V6 - 4 x BMW engines Prototype (Kettenkrad)

kkarlsen

Hye!

Euuuuuh, which version do you want to do with the bmw003? Do you want to build the V6? The others were not with a jumo004?

Amities

Fab

I've not yet decided on the subject, still in the researching phase ;-)

Right now I'm trying to get my bearings into the different types A-B-C, who flew with what, when and where?

But I absolutely love the prototypes and the dolly, the V8 is definitely in the picture, as it was the first aircraft with four jet engines to fly.

This would however mean a larger conversion, with a narrower fuselage (20cm) a smaller rudder etc...

Who knows, eventually this project may escalate into a dual build....

Regards: Kent

• 3 weeks later...

Latest additions for the Arado project...

7698-210218093921-131411377.jpeg

Zoukei-Mura Kettenkrad + Power cart, Profimodeller 1/32 crew and Luftwaffe hand barrow.

7698-210218093920-131402330.jpeg

So this is what I will attempt to do: One of the prototypes of the Arado Ar 234A with the characteristic 'take off dolly'...

It's a massive conversion, and I'm not sure if I can get it a 100% correct, so I may have to cut some corners and swallow one or two camels ;-)

7698-121217213132.jpeg

I've scaled and printed the drawings from this magnificent book of the A models...

Haven't decided absolutely on which one I will do, but right now I'm going for the V8

the first four-engined jet aircraft in the world.

Cheers: Kent

Edited by kkarlsen

As you're going to so much trouble with this, I'd have a trawl around some other builds where details on the FLY kit are discussed. I can't recall which build it was, but there's one which shows how far off the landing flaps are (too small I believe) and a host of other panel line niggles.

Of course, with such a deep conversion, some/many of these issues will be swept away in the conversion process.

Matt

As you're going to so much trouble with this, I'd have a trawl around some other builds where details on the FLY kit are discussed. I can't recall which build it was, but there's one which shows how far off the landing flaps are (too small I believe) and a host of other panel line niggles.

Of course, with such a deep conversion, some/many of these issues will be swept away in the conversion process.

Matt

If you can find the panel line discussion, I would very much appreciate it, thanks: Kent

If you can find the panel line discussion, I would very much appreciate it, thanks: Kent

Hi Kent

I had a good old internet trawl but cannot for the life of me find the build!  What I do recall was someone showing an excellent photo of the NASM 234's wing sat on a trolley giving a fantastic view of the upper (or lower) wing surface...

With the refs you've got/are getting I'm sure you'll have the necessary info to make corrections shuld you choose to.

Matt

PS, if I find the article I'll link it for you.

OK, got it...

Guess where..?

HERE of course...

Steve Gallacci's build. http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=60009&page=1 The other thing Steve picked up on was the 'fat' wing leading edge. With your uber conversion, I suspect these two things will pale into relative insignificance.. :)

Matt

Edited by mattlow