Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-29A - first Pics

Scotsman

Hmmmmm .... I see this now entirely from a monetary perspective I must confess:

The Trumpet is little over 134 USD now. If one is lucky it might even be possible to shoot a cheaper one in the time ahead.

Even if henceforth the old Revell kit would drop significantly in price, in order to render a halfway decent interpretation of the original, you are bound to get the ZACTO parts which are at an understandably 128 bugs.

In any case, going the Revell / Zacto route would cost me more dough to achieve the same level of accuracy as the Trumpet at max, if at all.

Hmmmm .... makes a decision fairly easy for me I guess ....

the revell kit was made without references, only way to not make the errors would be to produce no kit at all....

keep it in perspective

Shame they didn't put that energy into something like a J.35 Draken instead, which was still around in numbers back then - and accessible.

I have the Revell UB and Zacto set. At least the nozzles can be used on the Trumpy. I might give the kit to my wife for her school raffle.

Tony

• 3 months later...

Hmmmmm .... I see this now entirely from a monetary perspective I must confess:

The Trumpet is little over 134 USD now. If one is lucky it might even be possible to shoot a cheaper one in the time ahead.

Even if henceforth the old Revell kit would drop significantly in price, in order to render a halfway decent interpretation of the original, you are bound to get the ZACTO parts which are at an understandably 128 bugs.

In any case, going the Revell / Zacto route would cost me more dough to achieve the same level of accuracy as the Trumpet at max, if at all.

Hmmmm .... makes a decision fairly easy for me I guess ....

The fact that Scalehobbyist has it for $109.99 should make that decision even easier! ;)

Great to see the UB out now, too! :thumbsup:

John

Will they ever fix terrible R-27 missiles I wonder.

Zactomodels' Vympels are great...

http://www.zactomodels.com

Really hankering after this UB but the boxes are even bigger than the colossal Intruder kit. I almost fell over holding the MiG-29A box! (There's nothing wrong with more compact packaging Mr Trumpeter, especially as most of us buy mail order.)

Tony

Zactomodels' Vympels are great...

http://www.zactomodels.com

Really hankering after this UB but the boxes are even bigger than the colossal Intruder kit. I almost fell over holding the MiG-29A box! (There's nothing wrong with more compact packaging Mr Trumpeter, especially as most of us buy mail order.)

Tony

Always wondering that myself - why all the space between parts on the sprues? Like they have to tool with Huge slabs of metal... :hmmm:

Really hankering after this UB but the boxes are even bigger than the colossal Intruder kit.

yep, I do not understand why these huge boxes for a jet that is rather small, MiG-29K/M boxes were way smaller  :hmmm: