Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Hi Rich

Really nice collection of reference material you got.

Can you please recomend some 'essential'  B-24 books.

Im mostly into tecnical stuff and stuff with lots of pictures and paintschemes.

I allready have the following :

Haynes book

Warpaint book

Consolidated mess

Japo Book

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Mikkel

references ready!

NeNeEHe.jpg

Edited by Mebo

funnily enough, I don't actually know anything about the Liberator at all...or the reference books!  One of the benefits of being a book dealer is I can keep the books I like. I've been collecting Liberator books for a couple of years as I like the aircraft and hoped that one day someone would release a large scale kit.

If you simply google 'B-24 Liberator Walkaround' there are several websites with plenty of pictures.  Personally I'm going to pop down to Duxford and take some pics of their aircraft.

If you already have the JaPo, Haynes, Warpaint and Consolidated Mess books then you already have the best technical volumes.  The person to really speak to is the author of the JaPo book, Pavel Turk. I've never met anyone with a greater technical knowledge of this aircraft.

I can also recommend 'Assembly Ships of the Mighty Eighth' for some inspirational colour schemes. Personally, I want to do an Assembly ship. I would also say 'The Dragon and His Tail' but I can guarantee that will be among the first aftermarket decals released, and everyone will do it...

funnily enough, I don't actually know anything about the Liberator at all...or the reference books!  One of the benefits of being a book dealer is I can keep the books I like. I've been collecting Liberator books for a couple of years as I like the aircraft and hoped that one day someone would release a large scale kit.

If you simply google 'B-24 Liberator Walkaround' there are several websites with plenty of pictures.  Personally I'm going to pop down to Duxford and take some pics of their aircraft.

If you already have the JaPo, Haynes, Warpaint and Consolidated Mess books then you already have the best technical volumes.  The person to really speak to is the author of the JaPo book, Pavel Turk. I've never met anyone with a greater technical knowledge of this aircraft.

I can also recommend 'Assembly Ships of the Mighty Eighth' for some inspirational colour schemes. Personally, I want to do an Assembly ship. I would also say 'The Dragon and His Tail' but I can guarantee that will be among the first aftermarket decals released, and everyone will do it...

Thanks a lot

I wiil look for the Assembly ships book. You are right about "The dragon and his tail". It is the Memphis belle of B-24's :-)

Cheers

Mikkel

Well, I guess the cats out if the bag with that 20% off deal on the B-17 I got off eBay Friday evening. So bring it on!

Now where was that home builders business card I got at the home show....

I'm quietly keeping an eye on this as it looks to be something rsther epic. Does anyone happen to have any inclination of what the price is projected to be?

This is purely a guess based on their P-61 and the HKM B-25's, but the $175 to $225 retail price range seems likely.

These big kits make great wall hangings. I have my B-25 hanging nose down on the wall in my work room. They also look good box framed and hung.

Ron, any suggestions on how to do the box frame? I think that might be the way to display my B-25 when I finish it.

Carl

My study's too small but dangling a four engined heavy is possible. I wished kits came with uncompressed LG oleos, as landing config. appeals the most.

But then you need a bunch of aircrew, although if simulating a Commemorative AF bird just about anything goes, including loud shirts.

Tony