PCM 1/32 scale Spitfire Mk VII High Altitude Fighter (conversion).

alaninaustria

Looks totally awesome Alan.

I still don't understand the lower wing taping that you showed us a few pages back. The shading must be really light, perhaps it's just the lighting conditions in the photos. Nonetheless, the model looks superb all the way around. Just awesome mate!

Regards,

Troy

Thanks everybody, Troy - the tape was an experiment to create disimmilar shardes and break-up the tones... first time trying it... I prefer to go my old route and just blend as I go!

Anyhow, next up is to mount the IFF antenae and the Rebecca approach beam antenae I made today!

Pics to follow shortly

Cheers

Alan

Well, she's up on her feet.... a few nasty surprises underneath the Tamiya tape on the canopy frames - not happy about it but, hey... she's almost done! She just needs a few things done like exit ramps doors for the radiators added and she's done!

0EEBF4A7-EFDC-47EB-BCCC-31D4CA0C8B97_zps

The Rebecca approach beam antennae underneath...

2722DCB5-B3AA-4831-B9F1-4DEC2D8AAF6F_zps

0BB3BB5A-AE71-4057-A7B5-D17651D57D1B_zps

38DB1AB7-E93B-47B5-986C-06707F913A67_zps

Edited by alaninaustria

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to carp over such a nice model finished in one of my favourite schemes Alan (and it may not matter to many) but I'd suggest

revisiting the undercarriage angle if still possible.

The stance of your model is very reminiscent of early Spitfires (marks I-Vb), but the 'C' wing and later introduced a more forward rake angle and greater splay to increase the wheelbase for better stability. The greater angle was achieved by inserting a triangular wedge against the spar, which rotated the leg further forward. The small blister on the underside just aft of the inner edge of the bay was to accommodate the main gear leg pintle (gear leg rotation 'axle') which now protruded outside the outer skin.

I've put together this composite to show the differences. In numbers, the forward rake is 17 degrees from the vertical, and the outward rake 1.5 degrees.

40398611695_7b82818a3d_o.jpg