• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hey everyone. Just an update if you choose the remove the casting block. I now use a 2" cut off wheel in my deemed tool. I picked up one that operates from vacuum suction and love it! Eliminates 90% of the mess as the debris is sucked in through the deemed into the vacuum.

Cut the solid Block from the side behind the blades and work your way around the fan. There remains a small section behind the hub that that wheel cannot reach, but using the wheel from the back of the fan and working carefully cuts the center out and the casting block falls off.

Wa la.......

Edited by ghatherly, 05 April 2016 - 12:25 PM.

• harvey likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#32 Dave Morrissette

Dave Morrissette

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:23 PM

Great hint. Thanks. They are magnificent

Dave

• harvey likes this

#33 Bwog2

Bwog2

• LSP_Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:43 AM

Gary,

Do plan to produce a nose correction for the trumpeter A-10 kit?

• harvey likes this

#34 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Oh Bwog2, that would be so wonderful! As far as the fans go, they should look great once they are painted and a little wash applied, I personally don't see the use in possibly mangling the blades by trying to remove them from the pour stub. But that's just me.

Chuk

Edited by otis252, 09 April 2016 - 04:44 PM.

• harvey likes this

#35 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:31 PM

Gary,
Do plan to produce a nose correction for the trumpeter A-10 kit?

One is planned, And will be done with a corrected canopy and cockpit.
  • harvey likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#36 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,043 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

Any plans for A10NAW birds ?........Harv

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#37 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

Any plans for A10NAW birds ?........Harv

no

• harvey likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

#38 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,043 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:36 PM

AW Gary.....Harv

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#39 Bwog2

Bwog2

• LSP_Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:14 PM

One is planned, And will be done with a corrected canopy and cockpit.

Gary for President!!!  I shall just send a blank check.

Bwog

• harvey and otis252 like this

#40 Anthony in NZ

Anthony in NZ

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

Hi guys, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out a bit for one of my projects here on LSP?

Could you give me the outside dia of the fan face and the dia of the centre cone? I know it sounds silly but the first stage fan might work on my Skyhawk engine front I am scratch building. I have just made the stator ring and the fan behind it looks like I can utilise your resin fan! The blades all angle the correct way and on quick count appear to have the right number. The dia will be slightly bigger but that won't be a prob by the way I have designed it.

Let me know if that is ok, and if it looks like working I am even keen on buying some rejects with broken blades as I have made the front in 2 halves and could prob get away with using a section with 2/3 left in tact, either that or just purchase a set of fans separately.

Any help would be much appreciated......you can see my build here on LSP if interested.

Cheers
Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ, 22 May 2016 - 01:57 PM.

• harvey likes this

#41 Anthony in NZ

Anthony in NZ

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:36 AM

Hmmmm, not so sure it will work, I think it is going to be determined by that centre cone dia...
  • harvey likes this

#42 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

Hey Anthony,

In 1/32 ours are way to big for the A-4.    A 1/48  Fan might be the right size and something to consider.    FYi to all,,, we don't keep or sell damaged product,  it is destroyed immediately as there is no reason to keep it around.   Great question though and a nice build.

• Anthony in NZ and harvey like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#43 Anthony in NZ

Anthony in NZ

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:22 PM

Thanks Gary!

Appreciate the reply, and I sure dont know why I didnt think of a 48th fan.  I just did the math on the front fan and it will be perfect!

Thanks again, sometimes we need a prod to think outside the box! I see Quickboost do an inexpensive upgrade in 48th.

Cheers

Anthony

#44 Anthony in NZ

Anthony in NZ

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

Hey Gary, big thanks mate!

The QB corrected fan fronts arrived today in 48th and they are absolutely perfect!

I have already started machining the front nacelle off and the fit is identical in dia to the piece I made from actual measurements.

Appreciated the suggestion, I would never have thought of that.  Will update by build thread once I have more to show.

Cheers

Anthony

#45 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:16 AM

Glad to help. Back in the day we were all scratch builders and kit bashers is we wanted anything other than the kit offering, since there was no Aftermarket.

Post a pic or two here would be very welcome as well.
  • harvey likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users