• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

Assembled Pictures.   You can either leave out the clear center section, or cut off the rear and glue int he GTR Nozzle.   Pictures also show position of the Fuel Dumps and inner control Pylons.    I am adding these Pictures to the Instructions to clarify some questions, and is you want a new set os instructions just email me garyhatherly@gmail.com, and I will send you the revised file.   Thanks all for the tremendous Support on this project.

FullSizeRender_8_zpszmggp2i4.jpg

FullSizeRender_7_zps3s414a5g.jpg

FullSizeRender_6_zpsr5chypfa.jpg

FullSizeRender_5_zpsi7xdvnjz.jpg

FullSizeRender_2_zpscjqtcpdw.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsea94gpkn.jpg

FullSizeRender_4_zpsnkfyqu1c.jpg

Have  great Day!

Gary

• harvey, Dany Boy and Zero77 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#17 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:42 AM

I just bought the set on eBay.  have the decals for DM, and am going to build it as the CC bird back in Desert Storm, Col McSally, who is now my congress critter.   Likely I'll ask a lot of questions. I live 2 miles from DM and the A-10s are overhead all day usually.

#18 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for the order, your set will ship Tuesday as Monday is a Holiday and no mail!   Shooting for April on the Exterior set, maybe even by Wright CON if all goes well.

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#19 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

Got my set today after only a very few days.  The fan blades are just amazing.  I have a 6 inch disk sander that should work well in getting the base off.  These will be killer. Great work.

#20 dodgem37

dodgem37

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:29 PM

Damn nice work.

Sincerely,

Mark

Works in Progress:   Italeri 1/35 PT596Tamiya P-51D, Sinai, 1956,

Completed WiP:  Erich Hartmann, Bf109G-14

Idle WiP:  Fw190A-5 Black 7 1/25th IDF Sho't, c.1982Bf109K-4, I./KG (J)6, BohemiaHungarian Bf109G-14, Bf109F-4/Z Trop,Shelf of DOOM!: Kawanishi N1K1 Kyofu Type 11 Rex , IDF AH-1 Tzefa FWerfer-Granate 21's,

Ready for Inspection: Erich Hartmann, Bf109G-14, Ludwig Franzisket, Bf109G-6

#21 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:02 AM

[quote name="thewizardofaz" post="767975" timestamp="1455833360"]

Got my set today after only a very few days. The fan blades are just amazing. I have a 6 inch disk sander that should work well in getting the base off. These will be killer. Great work.[/quote)

Thanks for the kind words. Those fans were a true team effort.
FYI though, You can leave the fans right on the casting block to install them. There is nothing to see through the fan except black right at the hub, and we set the seat ring position on the intake assuming the modeler is going to leave the casting block on the fan. You can buy replacements if you break them, but I break 3 out of 4 of them cutting off the casting block. The unless you are building the engine doors opened to display the engine, there is no need to remove it.

Many Thanks, Gary

#22 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:30 PM

I bought a set of these the other day on ebay and in trying to sand off the casting block off the back of the blades I stayed with coarse grit too long and broke off 3 or 4 blades.  I should have flipped over the sanding board to finer grit sooner I guess. Can I purchase another of the blades castings or a set of 2 if that's what is needed?  I must have put too much pressure on the item and broke them off. I might be able to glue them back, I'm not sure.

rick

#23 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

Yes Rick they are available, just email me : garyhatherly@gmail.com    We offer free replacement parts once, you just pay for the shipping and handling.    We will always offer replacement parts for sale to customers after that or for second hand customers.   I think it stinks when you pay good money for a kit, break a part, and have to buy another kit just to get a replacement.

With all of our product line,  we offer one free replacement parts of each component, the next one is a few bucks but very reasonable.  

IF anyone want to order a second set of fans with A-10 engine set order,  that is if you want to be proactive and try to remove the backing plate, they are an additional $15 per set

We designed the blades with a .010 x .020 filler between the back of the blade and the casting block.   The best tool I have found is a VERY SHARP  xacto #11 blade or a fine sharp dental scribe and remove the web from each blade individually.   After clearing a few blades free break off the backing plate with needle pliers.   What is left is the hub that can be trimmed up and/or sanded down.   I would stay away from any power sander or back and forth sawing motion.   

I am starting my A-10C build this week with will have an open engine, so I will take some pictures as I do this for that set of fan blades and post them here.

Edited by ghatherly, 21 February 2016 - 08:04 PM.

Many Thanks, Gary

#24 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:06 PM

Thanks Gary.  I should have stopped when I started to see through the resin onto the blades, but it wasn't doing it uniformly.  A small dental drill blade in a variable speed dremel might work well too.  I use them for inlay work on delicate pearl and the like. They are very controllable and precise.

Email to you is sent.

Rick Prokopchuk

Edited by thewizardofaz, 21 February 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#25 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:53 PM

I was going over the engine parts you sent and comparing them against what's in your kit with what's in the Trumpeter 1/32 kit. One thing that sticks out is that the exhaust nozzle in your kit is a little over 1.32 long and 1.12 in diameter where it joints the main engine.  The complete engine (it's all one piece) from the Trumpeter kit is 2.96 in OVERALL length. In the Trumpeter kit, the length of the exhaust portion, in comparison with yours at 1.32 is .87 for the trumpeter in and .65 in comparison to yours at 1.12 diameter. It's as if the scale is off for one of the kits.  I have not actually started to build the kits. Had you noticed this before? I imagine you did and that's what drove your new parts - but I had to ask. I can post photos if you like.  As the saying goes, "I'm so confused." ;)

Edited by thewizardofaz, 28 February 2016 - 11:09 PM.

#26 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

The Trumpy kit is undersized. The resin engine is best thrown in the trash as it is not even close the being right, and the clear inner nacell is what you shoul look at. The engine issue is Common knowledge with the A-10 kit so no need for pics or a lengthy discussion. One look at any picture of a hog and the Trumpy engine answers you question better than 1000 words, So rest at ease and enjoy.

Many Thanks, Gary

#27 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:43 AM

OK dokey...thanks!

#28 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

Know what I think I can do with this undersized kit-included engine that I'm replacing?  It's actually rather detailed and nice looking, although undersized.  What I can do is use it and a photo of the real thing to detail your set out a bit, give it some wiring, plumbing, boxes, etc.  That might work. Have to do some searching for A-10 engines though.

• harvey likes this

#29 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

Indeed, the fan blades are simply incredible. I never thought it would be possible to cast them as such!!! They are obviously fragile and the risk to break them if they are not cautiously separated from the base is obvious but the result is impressive to say the least...Wow!

#30 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

Indeed, the fan blades are simply incredible. I never thought it would be possible to cast them as such!!! They are obviously fragile and the risk to break them if they are not cautiously separated from the base is obvious but the result is impressive to say the least...Wow!

Thanks so much for the kind words!   They mean a lot to both Ken and Myself.    

I want to stress though, that unless you are opening up the engine where by you can see the back side of the fan,    there is no need to remove the casting block.   Only a very small portion shows between the fan blades right at the hub, and it shows up black whether you remove the casting block or not.   The blades are fragile so that they won't shrink or deform over time as softer resin would do.    This is why I encourage everyone,  unless you are opening the engine to full detail to leave the casting block on the fan.   The set ring in the intake is designed for the block to be left in place.  

We are offering replacement blades if you try and break one at our actual cost plus shipping.   Also, is you know that you are going to open the engine bay and need the block removed.

I can and am happy to cast special fans for those customers with out the casting block for an additional $10, and you can purchase a second set of fans for $15 at the time you buy your set.

Thanks you so much for the support on this product.    Our first three runs of 50 sets have almost sold out and I am finishing the next 50 sets today so we have them ready to go for everyone.

Have a great day,

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users