• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

The A-10 Engine set will be a full intake and exhaust set for the Trumpeter A-10, and a January 2016 release is planned.

Monday%20December%2014%202015%205_zpsa9m

Monday%20December%2014%202015%202_zpslrs

Monday%20December%2014%202015%204_zpsxcx

The fan will be cast with the shown casting block attached by a thin strip of material, so you can easily cut free the fan to mount to the front of the engine nacelle.  For those on the conservative side, the fan can be left on the casting block and inserted into the intake and no one will ever know!

More pictures to follow over the Holiday!

Edited by ghatherly, 06 January 2016 - 10:18 PM.

• harvey, Dany Boy, Bill Cross and 2 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#2 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:39 AM

Gary, your the man!! Merry Christmas!!

Charlie Company, 7th Engineers Suppt Bttn, 1st FSSG, !st Mar Div

#3 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

Awesome! Got anything else coming in for the A-10C coming in Jan?

Chuck

#4 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

Look awesome as per usual!

#5 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

Hoping for a cockpit...

#6 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

Here they Are.

The A-10 Engine Set complete.   Fans can be installed left on the casting block, or if you are brave you can remove the casting block to get fully open and separate fan blades.   

IMG_0687_zpsg5i4sfcg.jpg

IMG_0688_zpsv4v1iybw.jpg

Here is a 3D fan we printed without the casting block.

IMG_0705_zpspv42z895.jpg

Detailed, one piece, and indexed intake.

IMG_0702_zpstygmr4wm.jpg

The Exhaust:   The fan is molded in line with the engine, and is not centered when looking into the curved up nozzle.

IMG_0701_zpsqhpwk5fl.jpg

IMG_0700_zpsneavfcf8.jpg

Fuel Drains:

IMG_0700_zpsneavfcf8.jpg

Also included and shown int he family picture are the fuel pylons for each engine.   These need to be attached to the exhaust in the pylon location where the fuel and control lines enter the engine inner pod.   The exhausts are also cast so the casting block fits right into the clear inner nacelle if chose to remove the rear section and use it your build.   You can can leave it out an no one can tell from the outside as the rear exhaust is supported at tree locations.

fhd3u_zpsgufvk5vp.jpg

2626287343_4c412c2bb2_b_zpsoxxaifam.jpg

The kits are in stock and ready to go, and can be purchased here for $35, or from our E bay Store for $38.  We really hope you all enjoy this set, as it is the most requested set we have offered to date.

Thanks to everyone for all of the support, criticism, and help in the past 20 months.

OF,  the intakes with fans will be available separately, and they are $22.  IN it you get two intakes, Two fans, and two fuel drains.

TO order direct it is the usual,  just PM me or Email me at garyhatherly@gmail.com with your paypal account email address and delivery info.  We also take checks and MO’s from US and Canadian Customers.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

• harvey, Dany Boy and Bill Cross like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#7 Bill Cross

Bill Cross

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

You do amazing work, Hombre!

• harvey likes this

Contributing Writer at Kitmaker Network (http://www.armorama.com) & Campaigns Administrator at Model Shipwrights

Getting ready for ArmorCon: Meng M1A2 SEP TUSK; "Band of Brothers Meets Dead Man's Corner"

Recently completed: Meng FT-17

Future projects: Tamiya F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in IDFAF Service ("Shelf of Doom"?)

#8 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

Nice...

#9 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:24 AM

Isn't the trailing edge of the exhaust way to thick? Looking at all the pictures the absolute end of the tailpipe is very, very thin. I'm I missing something?

Chuck

#10 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:57 AM

Hey Otis,
They are hard to see in my pictures but there are two thin walls, the inner and outer wall and with a space between them. Take another look and you will see the double wall. That is why I show that end shot.

If you look at the damaged engine picture you can see the two separate nozzle walls. Hope this answers you question.

Edited by ghatherly, 07 January 2016 - 03:00 AM.

• harvey likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

#11 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:08 AM

Gorgeous, usually I buy aftermarket parts around what kit I want to build. After seeing these I am gonna have to do just the opposite!

• harvey and LSP_Typhoonattack like this

Charlie Company, 7th Engineers Suppt Bttn, 1st FSSG, !st Mar Div

#12 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

Ahh, now I understand. Many thanks. I'll be ordering. Now if we could just get that corrected nose from the windscreen forward and the updated vents on the starboard side.

Chuck

#13 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

Will you release a cockpit soon?

#14 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:38 AM

Exterior set for rplanned by spring. Cockpit is a possibility. There are CE cockpits out there at a good price, and the True Detail cockpit is nice and AMS has the C panel and parts to update it. To many other things to address like Ailerons, and maybe new nose and canopy

Edited by ghatherly, 16 January 2016 - 08:05 PM.

Many Thanks, Gary

#15 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

Just got my set. The casting of the fans is in a word, fantastic! All of it is very well done, and the "test fitting" all appears good. All this points to another highly recommended set from Gary and the GT Team! Now, if we can just get that news nose and gun vents!

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users