Revell 56 Ford F-100"Demon II"-Completed! 04/15

mustang1989

I use the Molotow pens, love em but be patient and let them dry for a day or 2

Thanks Shawn. I'll be airbrushing it on . I bought the Molotow Chrome refill bottle and clearing it with Spaz Stix Ultimate Clear after it cures out.

Joe,

Cab is really coming together well.  Is that a stock steering wheel?

Gaz

Thanks Gaz! No sir. This is the stock steering wheel:

004.jpg

You know there's really not just a whole lot more left to this kit now but the body, glass and chrome trim. I assembled and installed the front wheels and tires this morning. I had to enlarge the inside diameter of both tires to accept the wheels but other than that and having to sand another set of wheels down to rob the center caps to use on these it wasn't all that bad of a construction for them.

I primed the cab, hood and separate roof panel this morning. Here's about where the stance is gonna be. Nice and low..............

XN38Yi.jpg

I also fabricated an A/C line with a blue A/N fitting this morning to install on the A/C dryer. I just couldn't go with that little 3mm section of line hanging out of the dryer.  4fvgdaq_th.gif

w27rvp.jpg

and now....................we're off to rear wheels and paint.................

Nice progression, Joe!  Looking forward to a flashy paint job.  My and the missus watch a few car restoration shows regularly, and I've seen a lot of cars finished in satin black, or even on one show where they seal the rust and paint with a clear to leave a patina.  As a muscle car lover, I have a preference for a lot of shine.  Nothing looks better.

Gaz

Nice progression, Joe!  Looking forward to a flashy paint job.  My and the missus watch a few car restoration shows regularly, and I've seen a lot of cars finished in satin black, or even on one show where they seal the rust and paint with a clear to leave a patina.  As a muscle car lover, I have a preference for a lot of shine.  Nothing looks better.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. I share the same opinion in regards to a shiny paint job. :)

Each to their own..

Make no mistake. I prefer and build cars with the shiny paint jobs(unless they are unfinished replicas). I have a great amount of respect for anybody that can pull that kind of work off.

Make no mistake. I prefer and build cars with the shiny paint jobs(unless they are unfinished replicas). I have a great amount of respect for anybody that can pull that kind of work off.

I also turn out shiny stuff (not cars), there's still an appeal in the Rat Rod style. It does seem to have got rather stereotyped lately

Richard

I also turn out shiny stuff (not cars), there's still an appeal in the Rat Rod style. It does seem to have got rather stereotyped lately

Richard

They started out being kind of an affordable resto hobby but in the recent years it's gotten quite expensive with all the glossed over rustic look. 

Real nice progress, Joe, coming along nicely now, and the black looks great. Every time I pop into one of your projects, I'm reminded of how bad I want to finish my '70 Challenger.

Thanks Kevin. Cmon........................you know you want to finish that ride.

I am liking that shine, Joe! :coolio:

Thanks Gaz. 

Color is on all exterior parts now. Just waiting a few days for the paint to totally cure out before I start sanding some of the dust particles out and movin' on to the clearing process.

8bemIt.jpg

pETpwR.jpg

UO3co5.jpg