What other Jerry Rutman AM sets do you want?

Bill Cross

Jerry Rutman AM sets  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Grey Matter is currently selling Jerry Rutman resin parts and a few sets. Would you be interested in seeing any of the following brought back for sale?

• Bf110 G-4 Nightfighter corections for Revell kit
    • P-38 Lightning backdate conversion to F/G for Trumpeter kit
    • Early P-38 recon conversion
    • P-38 nightfighter conversion
    • HS129 full kit

After Grey Matter took over some of Jerry Rutman's resin parts and sets, I asked them if they planned on bringing out any of his larger sets like the ones to correct the Revell of Germany Bf110 G-4. They asked if I'd set up a poll to determine if there's sufficient interest in reviving the Rutman line. I asked Jerry which ones besides the G-4 might work, and he suggested several. So it's up to you folks to indicate which set(s) you would be interested in seeing Grey Matter offer.

I think one BIG one would be a set for all the P-51 stuff for the Trump andDragon kitsI have his P-51B/C "kit", full meal deal( Only part you need from the Trump kit is the lower wing halves, the rest is provided) and It should be brought back.His P-47 stuff and his P-38M conversion. Hows that for starters?..........Harv :yahoo:

Harv, now breathe deeply and just vote, LOL!

These were the sets Jerry suggested to me.

I think GM would likely focus on a few sets, and if they sell, bring out others, but that's just a hunch. I have no connection to the company, other than having purchased the new Tamiya P-51 replacement tyres.

Edited by Bill Cross

I have Jerry's first edition 129 and am very happy with what I see...however it would be great to see how Tim and GMF would fare with their excellent casting.I have several different sets from GMF and the quality is tough to beat.Bring on another 129...

OK, Bill....sorry sir. Just I'm a Rutman freak..........Harv :closedeyes:

Hey, no problem, Dude. I've been a JR fan for years. Click here to see how the Bf110 set builds up....

8270.jpg

:speak_cool: The P-38 conversions have been a big hit by Jerry, and I would hope that these would still be available and maybe even do clear cast canopy's for each.

Ditto that! I'm trying to figure out how to turn a vacuform canopy into an open one.

My vote would be for the P-38 F/G conversions as well as his P-51B kit

I think it Grey Matter can ascertain there's a market for Jerry's full kits, there's no reason why we can't lobby them for the early 'Stang.

Edited by Bill Cross