Hasegawa Fw 190S Conversion

LSP_Kevin

Soooooooooo......

I love watching you masters work, am hoping to see this one back on the bench soon.

Dan

Me too, Dan - me too! I'm tentatively planning to haul it back on to the bench once the Corsair is done, as it's well past due for some attention, that's for sure.

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

So, in the interests of ensuring that this one doesn't fade away, I've just updated all the image links to point to ImageShack, rather than Photobucket. If I can get back to the Corsair and get it done, I think a resumption of this one will follow.

Kev

• 5 months later...

OK guys, I've been threatening to bring this one back for a few weeks now, and I know I've made many such promises in the past, too. This time, it's real! I've spent some time going over this thread, and fetching all the relevant bits of the project back on to my workbench, and can now say I'm ready to rumble. In fact, here's a new photo to prove it:

w9DsuX.jpg

I've already resumed actual modelling work, and have begun building out the rear cockpit:

285ToB.jpg

The seat is just there to help me get the pedestal it sits on in the correct position. The rest will be a combination of the limited UMI parts and some scratch-built stuff.

So, having recently concluded its 8th year of existence, I guess it's time this project got finished!

Kev

OK, time for another update! I've got to the point where I'm happy with the cockpit layouts, having gone for a representative level of detail rather than outright accuracy, as I don't want to get bogged down in this stage.

Front cockpit:

RNFk9C.jpg

E4v4Jn.jpg

Note that the rear instrument panel is attached to the back of this assembly. I've added instrument housings and wiring to the rear of the UMI resin part. The layout is completely fictitious, but will do the job.

Rear cockpit in situ:

JRKfCc.jpg

DddNgn.jpg

And a test fit:

yB1Smi.jpg

It was only after all the cement had set that I noticed I put the front control column in backwards! I've cut it off and fixed it since taking these photos.

I appreciate that the level of detail I've added is barely adequate for 1/32 scale, but I've decided the only hope I have of getting this build finished is to do what I can to not get bogged down, and to focus more on the outside of the model rather than the inside. We'll see what it looks like after priming and painting.

Kev