ICM 1:32 Bucker Bu-131D - out in UK

Iain

a Po-2 would be great !

And a Petliakov Pe-2, too. :)

And a LaGG-3, and a La-5....

There's a huge gap to be filled in LSP soviet WW2 aircraft. (and Cold War era, too).

And a La-11.

Oh, wait, the postman is knocking on my door delivering one...

:piliot:

Regards

- dutik

... and yet another thread starting out about one topic (the ICM Bu 131D in this case) degenerates into another "wish-list" thread. I even see the obligatory complaint in this thread about releasing "another Bf 109 kit". Let's get back on subject.

In my (French - of course ;) ) experience, people start talking - a lot - about food experiences precisely when they are having a great meal together ...

A thread such as this one is the modelling equivalent of a good meal... Modellers are happy of a new release and start talking / daydreaming about the other kits they'd love to see, all the more so as the manufacturer has displayed some boldness in its choice of subject... All mostly harmless and friendly banter IMHO :)

And yes, we don't need another 109 in my opinion, but thankfully manufacturers don't listen to me only :) ...nor my fellow LSPers need to agree with me :DodgeBall:

But, to abide to your demand, I'll come back to the thread topic and reiterate how happy I am to see a Bu-131 kit in 1/32 :yahoo:

That makes me wish that ICM would release ....... :oops: :sorry:

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

... and yet another thread starting out about one topic (the ICM Bu 131D in this case) degenerates into another "wish-list" thread.  I even see the obligatory complaint in this thread about releasing "another Bf 109 kit".  Let's get back on subject.

The subject is a new kit released. Nobody's built or even seen one yet. End of subject.

We all build models in different ways but one thing we all do the same is ... wish !!

:beer: :piliot:

Can someone enlighten me about the -D designation ?

Wherever I look, I see no version beyond the -C, the most numerous one being the -B :hmmm:

I'm assuming it's more a « glitch Â» from ICM's boxart. And of course I hope there will be more decos than just ones with swastikas ...

Hubert

My understanding is that, from 1938, production changed from the 'B' to the 'D' - with some minor improvements to the design.

The Bücker Pages is a brilliant resource for this aircraft - as well as history there's lots of info on Bücker designs - and large image gallery!

Bücker built one BU 131C with a 90 hp Cirrus minor engine, and the final German production version was the Bu 131D, introduced in 1938
with minor improvements.

By the outbreak of war. Bucker production had topped 1.000 Jungmann and although total ï¬gures have been impossible to obtain it is thought
that between 3.000 and 4.000 were built in Germany. another 300 were manufactured al the Aero factory in Prague. Hungary received 151 Bu 131Ds
from 1939 onwards, but most Hungarian aircraft were destroyed when the Germans retreated. However, by salvaging bits and pieces and building
new wings the Hungarians rebuilt 42 jungrnan by 1947 but lack of spares grounded the last one in 1953.

Suspicion, looking at the sprues, is that the cowling side panels and those ahead of the front cockpit may differ slightly (looks like a small sprue is clipped off on one side - the one on the other side has cowl panels - hence theory), but engine as per the 'B' - Hirth HM 504A-2.

ICM have the 'B' version due for release later this year.

post-260-0-09627800-1520014336_thumb.jpg

Will understand more when I have the kit and have been able to do some more research.

Other sprue:

post-260-0-92279300-1520014359_thumb.jpg

Iain

We're snowed in at the moment - so don't expect mine to arrive until next week now...

There's also a clear sprue - with instrument panels (all images via ICM website):

post-260-0-51924800-1520018419_thumb.jpg

Have no idea about decals/decal options yet - apart from there being 4 options provided.

Iain