Tamiya 1/32 Nakajima A6M2 finished 6-13-17

MustangManiac

Hello Brady, all

This is a great looking Zero, I very much like the amber tone...and it fits the metal piece that was shown some pages back. What I do wonder about though is...

I unfortunately do not have any good Zero books, just pictures from the web. I understand that Nakajima Zeros did not get produced until some time after Pearl Harbor. When they started to show up, were they mixed with Mitsubishi build birds in the same squadrons? And if they were, are there pictures that show the, even in b/w rather drastic shade difference? I mean two standing next to each other in the same light you should clearly be able to see the shade difference. Probably even more then on the Type11 tarp birds from China...

On that matter, how close is the color of the A6M2 repro that was shown here, the contrast between the metal cell and the rudders is much less pronounced then on your Tamiya model. Is this just because of the scale effect?

I have a Hasegawa (48) A6M3 in the making and I want that color on it...just probably have to lighten it up quite a bit in that small scale. WEM paints to get here will be a challange since the UK supplier does not ship outside of homeland UK...

cheers

Uwe

PS: Last night I found a very good offer for the 1/32 Tamiya A6M2 and pulled the trigger. I have already build their big A6M5 when it first came out and can't waint for a second Zero run...