Ok then, all you helo lovers........

Jack

That would be something. How about a Puma in 1/32?

Almost every helicopter has been released in some scale or another,  but i'm still in big time,  for a Alouette III in 32nd scale.

What is your idea on this one?

jack.

UH-1Y, AH-1G and F and P and Z models. A new Nam era OH6A with the late war heat shield mods (same with the G model) and for goodness sakes a decent Jet Ranger, both military and civilian, and even a long bodied version such as the 206L and the 407.

Kitty hawk had a new Huey coming out in 1/35 but for some reason decided to release it in 1/48 first. :(

MM

I've been on Vietnam era Quest of late. Just picked up Aeoscouts in Vietnam combat chronicals.

Those old Revell helicopters classics are calling for some up grades. I don't know why, i just can't get into 1:35 scale for some reason. I know, I know...

I flew the UH-1H in flight school in 89, I flew the Cobra (modernized) and the OH-58 in the Missouri National Guard, but I have a real interest in the OH-6 Loach for some strange reason. An OH-58 would also be cool to see come to life.

Troy

As much as I love helos, in 32/35 I'd probably pass on vast majority simply because of their physical size except for types with dual or folded blades. The H-60 kits are pretty much already too big because of their rotor diameter, the 1/35 Hind and Chinook - no way. Even with folding option, an H-53 in large scale would still be too huge. I can't imagine we'll see too many large scale helos for that reason and how comparatively little interest is in helos overall. I figure it would have to be pretty limited to the "big" helo types (like the H-1s). I think the AH-1/UH-1 line must be the quintessential helo regardless of country? Or close to it.

I'd buy a modern large scale AH-1G easy, probably more than one. After that I'll continue to dream of seeing a Korean War HO3S-1 which is small enough to still be done in large scale:

640px-USMC_HO3S-1_helicopter.jpg

Guest Clunkmeister

As much as I love helos, in 32/35 I'd probably pass on vast majority simply because of their physical size except for types with dual or folded blades. The H-60 kits are pretty much already too big because of their rotor diameter, the 1/35 Hind and Chinook - no way. Even with folding option, an H-53 in large scale would still be too huge. I can't imagine we'll see too many large scale helos for that reason and how comparatively little interest is in helos overall. I figure it would have to be pretty limited to the "big" helo types (like the H-1s). I think the AH-1/UH-1 line must be the quintessential helo regardless of country? Or close to it.I'd buy a modern large scale AH-1G easy, probably more than one. After that I'll continue to dream of seeing a Korean War HO3S-1 which is small enough to still be done in large scale:640px-USMC_HO3S-1_helicopter.jpg

Now I have images of Mickey Rooney in a green top hat. A classic, that.

Plus, a Tamiya quality Bell Model 47 would be amazing.

Guest Clunkmeister

That's not a Helli Ernst?

Ron, no, but pretty darn close, and it's one of the Golden Age's sexiest airmobiles. Raquel Welch with rotors, IMHO.