HK's Latest Mossie out mid May :D

Artful69

I never even noticed the inner leading edge issue at all until the Caliper Crew and the Red Line Express got busy. 

That seems to be the nature of the hobby these days. Usually those that piss on everybody's chips are those without the ability to have even modelled the thing realistically in the first place, or to show their own abilities. I can think of one retro forum where that is the case.

In other words, be an adult.

I neither required your opinion, nor did I solicit it.

In other words, accept that not everyone has your own viewpoint, and instead of throwing insults, I suggest you employ some maturity.

If you read my post, you'll note that I wasn't saying modellers should put up with something that was wrong. I was merely making an observation.

Edited by JamesHatch

Guest Peterpools

Having build the Tamiya Mossie, I'm looking forward to this Mossie and in civil markings would be a treat

Peter

It's about time someone did a Mossie with the 2-stage Merlins. I'm SERIOUSLY considering buying this one unless Tamiya announces a similar one at the show. :)

What a fantastic opportunity to sort out that front end and radiator shape. Sadly they haven't, that front end looks absolutely ridiculous, you don't need red lines to see that!

Still, many people won't care though. I don't normally care about minor shape issues, this however, is not minor.......

John

I'm in for one ... but which show, I thought the show had already past?

Peter

The Japan show is in May Peter. My fingers and toes are crossed for some real goodies!

Edited by Guest

Definitely so Ron. The telltale of the two-stage Merlin is the double intakes of the nacelle.

As I mentioned to Ernie, apart from CF-FZG (Don Mc Vicar's racing Mossie), which was a single-stage B.30, other Canadian Mossies, like Spartan's ones, were two-stage Merlin powered.

Hubert

Of course it is obvious, but one would have to come up with the markings. As well, the Spartan aircraft were uniquely modified with a number of external antennas and camera ports.

Mark Proulx

Fairly easy stuff other than the Spartan script.