Revell P-51B Mustang

Adrian A.

Adrian-

I like the work so far, especially seeing as how this is your first project with p.e. Do not be too hard on yourself about it's use! It looks a million times better than the crap Revell gives you!

By the way, the blades went into the post yesterday. They should be there soon. Pulled out the Revell prop for comparison- Man those blades are way too thin- These I am sending you will change the look of the completed model for sure!

Keep up the good work mano!

THOR

• 3 weeks later...

Whew - it's been a while since I touched this build.

The Holidays just seem to absorb any modeling time I had.

Hopefully, I'll be able to start doing a little here & there on this build & my Lightning build.

Thanks for the Blades Thor, I appreciate it!

They look great compared to the thin Revell Kit parts - if I don't pooch mounting them anyway. I'll have to figure out how to mount those suckers this weekend.

post-177-1262842772.jpg

I also got a tail wheel bay in from Jerry Rutman.

Jerry did a great job on this part - it took the pressure off of me for sure.

If you've ever built this kit, you know the kit tail wheel gear is crap - it breaks if you look at it too hard.

Jerry solved that problem with a metal gear, so I got one from him - but I was scratching my head on how to mount it. I had thought of using a brass or styrene tube drilled out - then Jerry did the wheel well & problem solved.

post-177-1262843196.jpg

I played with cutting a few but ran out of time.

I'll need to get the proper (or close enough) angle of the doors to cut them. Then I'll attach a piece of sheet styrene on the doors & glue the hinge piece - well that's the plan anyway.

Thanks for looking in - not much tonight but at least I'm back at it again.

Adrian

post-177-1262843603.jpg

• 9 months later...

Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here and longer since I've done any work on my builds.

Thanks for the comments Greg, eagledoc & Thor and thanks for the bump on the Mustang. I guess I need to dust it off and get back on it & do a bit of work.

It's been even longer since I worked on my Trump P-38 or my Airfix 1/24 Mustang also.

Where does the time go?

I have to admit that I've moved a bit towards the dark side in the last few months tho.

I picked up a few ship kits off of ebay and got a little involved in a couple of them also.

I'm currently doing a bit of work on a Lindberg 'Jolly Roger' Pirate ship (don't let the hokey name fool you, it's actually a great little (1/130 scale) 30 gun Frigate (LaFlore) that I'm building into my version of the 'USS Boston'). I'm also working on a Lindberg Armed Schooner 'Sandpiper' - a great little 10 gun Revenue Cutter / Baltimore Clipper.

Both are excellent sailing ship models, in my opinion.

I think I'll pull the Mustang off the shelf this weekend and see where I stand on it. I need to get a few projects off the bench & on the shelf.

Adrian

Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here and longer since I've done any work on my builds.

Thanks for the comments Greg, eagledoc & Thor and thanks for the bump on the Mustang. I guess I need to dust it off and get back on it & do a bit of work.

It's been even longer since I worked on my Trump P-38 or my Airfix 1/24 Mustang also.

Where does the time go?

I have to admit that I've moved a bit towards the dark side in the last few months tho.

I picked up a few ship kits off of ebay and got a little involved in a couple of them also.

I'm currently doing a bit of work on a Lindberg 'Jolly Roger' Pirate ship (don't let the hokey name fool you, it's actually a great little (1/130 scale) 30 gun Frigate (LaFlore) that I'm building into my version of the 'USS Boston'). I'm also working on a Lindberg Armed Schooner 'Sandpiper' - a great little 10 gun Revenue Cutter / Baltimore Clipper.

Both are excellent sailing ship models, in my opinion.

I think I'll pull the Mustang off the shelf this weekend and see where I stand on it. I need to get a few projects off the bench & on the shelf.

Adrian

You sound like me Adrian,I have about 6 or 7 projects going at the same time. Sort of modelers' ADD. Those sailing ships are great to build man. I am working on converting a Heller HMS Victory to the USS Pennsylvania-120 gun ship of the line.

J

Where does the time go?

I have to admit that I've moved a bit towards the dark side in the last few months though.

Adrian

Hooray for the getting the P-38 and the P-51 work again. The work is much anticipated.

As for the dark side - You must face and conquer it - and show off the work!