HK Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

I'm getting a bit excited about an upcoming visit to East Kirby, as not only will I see Just Jane, but hopefully I'll get to sit in Tony Agar's Mosquito which is now based there too.

My Dad is a longtime friend of Tony's and he's coming with me!

I have met him once at Elvington and spent some time with him. he even showed me his storage area. I was amazed at what was stored there. His Mosquito is a magnificent achievement especially as you know with little parts he started with.

I will have to have one and I'm as excited as everyone else! I'm intrigued by the possible price though when you look at the B-17 and thats currently listed at £310.00 with the Big H.  To me, the B-17 has extra turrets and a waist area. The Lanc has virtually everything in the nose then mid upper then tail so you could argue that there are fewer parts in a Lanc kit than a B-17. But then maybe HKM don't expect to sell as many Lancs, worldwide, as B-17's?

Hopefully we'll be looking at circa £300 though which means 'well worth buying from Hannants on pre-order', assuming they will give the usual 10% off RRP and it should be free postage as well.

But then I consider the forthcoming Hobbyboss B-24. Their Black Widow is listed at £145 compared to £215 for an HKM B-25. I suppose its David versus Goliath really with HKM versus HB/Trumpeter. I expect the B-24 will be around the £250 mark and will be a hell of a kit but it is intriguing to compare similar aeroplanes kitted by different manufacturers and asking why the prices should be so far apart. At the  end of the day, I will spend the money and suck it up and be glad for it!!

I will have to have one and I'm as excited as everyone else! I'm intrigued by the possible price though...

I'm looking forward to this release as well.  I have already broached the subject with The Boss.  Her reply, "Go for it and have fun!"  In many other circumstances, that could be interpreted as "Don't you dare!" or "Have fun sleeping in the spare room." but this time it was sincere.  I don't have many vices or other expensive tastes so she was quite supportive when I said I was going to get one of these kits.

i would like a b-29 from trumpeter that would bee nice from the  A team to go nice with b-24 b-17 and p-61

Alan

Hey Alan welcome aboard the good ship LSP...........best model forum on the web thingy.........

Nice to see another from this side of the pond on aboard......