F-100D Trumpeter.July 4th - 100% complete

crobinsonh

Looking at your blast panels on the gun area, my references show them starting from the same line? They aren't stepped like you've done them. 

You are right - not sure what I was looking at when I drew the original drawing. It should (and will when I have filled and re-scribed) looked like this.

http://nabe3saviation.web.fc2.com/images6/waF100-204.jpg

Thanks for the call out.

We all love filling and fixing this gun and ammo door, dont't we?

No?

Me neither!

Good luck, painting is coming!

Fanch

So true. I am really looking forward to getting to the painting stage now. Never painted an SEA colour scheme so this will be a completely new experience for me.

My last SEA was a QF-100D and it's beenna pleasure to paint it, and after my Tomcat I may come back to this cam as a T.. d is in my 2 or 3 future ideas. You're gonna love it!!!

Bye

Fanch

Love to see you do a T..d. Did you use Mr Color for the SEA paints?

Initial paint work has started. Base coat of Alclad to spot errors and mistakes committed thus far. 

qmKvlv.png

Omi7sd.png

n300BO.png

p0eJBO.png

yo3dkn.png

I did not take any photos but for the area around the nose top cover I actually used tape to protect the area on both sides of the panel line and then used CA before quickly removing the tape (to make sure this is not CA'd to the model) and then sanded and re-scribed. Hopefully this makes sense. 

Next stop is back to the paint shop. Getting closer to actually starting SEA painting.
Edited by crobinsonh

• 3 months later...