1/48 Eduard Bf109E-3, JG53 November 1939

Kahunaminor

This should be the next to last entry. The exhausts were installed and a light exhaust staining added along  The masks came off and pretty happy with the results with a couple of minor touch ups needed around the canopy. I mounted the prop and aligned it after a couple of tries and it works well. I did add the antenna but found myself rushing and making it harder for myself so I took some time out:

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

I shall return to finish the antenna and install the rear view mirror and some minor scratches here and there. 

Regards,

Well better late than never! Finished! Ezi line antenna, gator's grip isolaters daubed on the line and painted neutral grey. White isolator on fuselage from drilled rod. The Herr Hauptmann is checking his mirror as all good fighter pilots do consistently. I have a small plaque to go onto the base tomorrow:

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

Many thanks to all that followed and offered advice. Once the plaque is installed, I shall post some better shots in good time when I find my good camera!.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice

What are details of the scheme... is it officially inspired experimental or a local level experiment?

Matt

Thanks Matt,

This scheme is found in the Royal Class Bf 109E boxing from Eduard. According to Eduard, JG 53 conducted camouflage experiments at the beginning of WWII. They do go on to say that period photos of similar aircraft were used to speculate on the upper surfaces scheme and the exact colours “remains a mystery.â€

Still a good outcome for me.

Regards

• 2 months later...