NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

I don't see why, if it is resin, I'd imagine it'd be on a par with HpH, and if it's plastic, probably like Special Hobby.

I would take five injection moulded Special Hobby over one resin kit. The Fly Hurricanes are quite nice, affordable, and relatively easy to put together. And we can contemplate different versions and/or conversions.

I would take five injection moulded Special Hobby over one resin kit. The Fly Hurricanes are quite nice, affordable, and relatively easy to put together. And we can contemplate different versions and/or conversions.

I guess it all depends on WHICH resin kit. A FM&P kit sometimes goes together easier than an IM kit simply based on the fact that Paul supplies fully closed/complete fuselages & wings. You just slid the pits in from below.

I don't see why, if it is resin, I'd imagine it'd be on a par with HpH, and if it's plastic, probably like Special Hobby.

In no particular order ...

1/ It probably means having to wait longer ...

2/ I doubt HpH are going to 'sell' the A-20 to HGW at cost! ... Therefore we'll have HpH's profit margin PLUS HGW's ... if it remains as resin.

3/ Regardless of the 'issues' people have with HpH kits ... we know the product - whereas we don't know what someone else will do with their masters.

3/ If it does come out as an IM kit ... it will almost certainly be a short run - I doubt the demand will be there to justify the outlay for high pressure moulds.

The end result is it will be likely easier to put together, while lacking the crisp detail we're used to from HpH.

Like I said ... I'll be disappointed ... I didn't say anyone else had to be ... I was looking forward to a LS A-20G in the shorter term ...

Rog :)

I think the resin puddle method makes it easier to cast a large numbers of parts on one sheet, instead of having to use casting blocks for everything.  Allows for shallower molds, while still maintaining the undercuts and detail on resin bits. Yeah, it creates some more sanding work v. just cutting the part off the block, but I can see why they do it

Matt  :frantic:

Im hoping using the Sharpie marker/vac technique, will lend itself well to the HpH resin pool method, and make it easier to see where the pool (and the sanding!) should stop, and the part begins.

Brian remember that the Sharpie pens react with most paints. I've used it on resin and used primer over the top. It still came through on the Finish paint coat.

Brian remember that the Sharpie pens react with most paints. I've used it on resin and used primer over the top. It still came through on the Finish paint coat.

Oh yeah. I always wipe down the vacs w/90% alcohol after I cut them out. Will be the same w/the Tigercat. 

In no particular order ...

1/ It probably means having to wait longer ...

2/ I doubt HpH are going to 'sell' the A-20 to HGW at cost! ... Therefore we'll have HpH's profit margin PLUS HGW's ... if it remains as resin.

3/ Regardless of the 'issues' people have with HpH kits ... we know the product - whereas we don't know what someone else will do with their masters.

3/ If it does come out as an IM kit ... it will almost certainly be a short run - I doubt the demand will be there to justify the outlay for high pressure moulds.

The end result is it will be likely easier to put together, while lacking the crisp detail we're used to from HpH.

Like I said ... I'll be disappointed ... I didn't say anyone else had to be ... I was looking forward to a LS A-20G in the shorter term ...

Still disappointed..?    http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105045&start=825

Actually ... no! ...

I have no drama admitting that I might be wrong in being a bit preemptive with commentary.

I take it that what we're seeing is HpH resin? ... We'll just have to compare the price tag with other HpH twins when it arrives on the scene!

Guest Vulcan32

The news from E-day in Prague:

next release will be the C-47/DC-3 in 2018

S.M. 79 will be ready in about 2 years

the HGW A-20 will be ready in about 1 year.

Gigant is now at Profimodeller for the interior, release maybe next year.

Guest Smitty44

The news from E-day in Prague:

next release will be the C-47/DC-3 in 2018

S.M. 79 will be ready in about 2 years

the HGW A-20 will be ready in about 1 year.

Gigant is now at Profimodeller for the interior, release maybe next year.

YfR8I3Y.jpg

Now to figure out just how I am gonna get that Puff the Magic Dragon set-up going!