OH-MY-GODS

Yeah, isn't it great Mike.

My Bulgarian associate now has the photographical proof, so he can be even more ....euh...persuasive.

All kits started out as pictures in a catalog.

But none had the pictures, clenched in the fists of an unshaven madman, in an Adidas tracksuit, reeking of nicotine and gun oil.

MBB

Edited by Michel borderline Beekveld

I thought I saw a picture of a 1/32 A6Intruder in the Trumpeter catalogue?

Matty.

Yes, I too noticed the pics of the 1/32 A-6A and A-6E (and A-1 Spad, WW2 Devastator and F-100F twin-stick Hun), though those have been promised for some time. At least that means the Intruders have not been shelved as was feared. However, the title did appear to say new for 2012-2013, so that could mean anything up to December in two years' time!

tony t

According to cybermodeler.com, the P-61 is coming from Hobbyboss.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/2012_acft_scale.shtml

Along with a 1/18 Dauntless!

Carl

A 1/18 scale Dauntless? Is this the start of a new trend? The possibilities for superdetailing are facinating to contemplate, but on the practical side, where are we going to find space for a whole series of 1/18 models? I'm already scratching my head over where to display all the 1/32 ones on the future release list. And then there's the cost. Wonder what a kit like that will go for?

Jerry

The reason I did not go any further with my conversion for the British Phantom is because I had it on good authority that there would be an immanent release of a 1/32 kit soon. This trail seems to have gone cold, so maybe I should now look at it again?

Derek

I started wondering why Hobbyboss for a P61? No history of 1/32 twins at all from Trumpeter or HB. As a choice, why go for the esoteric plane first? Sure its a cool plane but why not the Mitchell, Invader, Dinah, Pe2, Beaufort/fighter? Or even a ME410? Surely you'd sell Me410's or any of the others much faster than P61's. Perhaps there was less R&D for the P61...maybe some was done for them?

So all of this makes me wonder about Dereks experience with the 1/32 British Phantom. Do these kits get 'announced' even when they're only in the concept phase in an effort to outflank opposition companies? We've seen Trumpeters releases for next year plod on ad infinitum with the same old candidates listed and even test shots of potentially awesome kits. (1/24 or 1/32 Tempest/Typhoon and the 1/32 Bucc and Jag) Trumpeters releases have been slow of late despite their release list being very long many years ago. Dragons Do335 or Me163? Not a 'peep' since being 'announced'. I'm wondering, how long does it bloody take and if you're timeline is delayed or blown out...how relevant is your release list or catalogue?

If commpanies are playing silly games to act as a disincentive for their opposition then its mildly annoying. Maybe its fun for some but I'm feeling a little 'yeah whatever' when things are announced'. Oh...the exception to this is probably Revell Germany who have been true to form and matched expectations.

I think its time for a British Phantom and a Tornado F3 to be online somehow mainstream and be blowed with the injected manufacturers ambiet announcements. If a FGR conversion can be adapted to the Tamiya kit without the CE cost and yet provide great quality I think they'll sell. ZM have set a new fashion by offering upgrades as individual items that one can order to suit modelling taste. Imagine a whip-a@@ set of Spey Burner cans with resin and PE as an option. A great resin pit with some Airscale instrument work as another...the base elements ,not much.

Maybe not worrying about whatever HB or Trumpeter release is a good thing. Afterall with the quality of resin work that Derek, Harold, Paul Fisher, Roy Sutherland, Radu and others can produce its easily better than anything in injected.

Go for it Derek. I'll still lay good money down that your Beaufighter interior, etc when combined with whats already out there as a base kit and Sergeis engines will steal the show from anyone doing injected kits...even Tamiya. I reckon you'd do a great job of the Phantom and Tornado F3 as well.

Cheers Matty

I started wondering why Hobbyboss for a P61? No history of 1/32 twins at all from Trumpeter or HB. As a choice, why go for the esoteric plane first? Sure its a cool plane but why not the Mitchell, Invader, Dinah, Pe2, Beaufort/fighter? Or even a ME410? Surely you'd sell Me410's or any of the others much faster than P61's. Perhaps there was less R&D for the P61...maybe some was done for them?

So all of this makes me wonder about Dereks experience with the 1/32 British Phantom. Do these kits get 'announced' even when they're only in the concept phase in an effort to outflank opposition companies? We've seen Trumpeters releases for next year plod on ad infinitum with the same old candidates listed and even test shots of potentially awesome kits. (1/24 or 1/32 Tempest/Typhoon and the 1/32 Bucc and Jag) Trumpeters releases have been slow of late despite their release list being very long many years ago. Dragons Do335 or Me163? Not a 'peep' since being 'announced'. I'm wondering, how long does it bloody take and if you're timeline is delayed or blown out...how relevant is your release list or catalogue?

If commpanies are playing silly games to act as a disincentive for their opposition then its mildly annoying. Maybe its fun for some but I'm feeling a little 'yeah whatever' when things are announced'. Oh...the exception to this is probably Revell Germany who have been true to form and matched expectations.

I think its time for a British Phantom and a Tornado F3 to be online somehow mainstream and be blowed with the injected manufacturers ambiet announcements. If a FGR conversion can be adapted to the Tamiya kit without the CE cost and yet provide great quality I think they'll sell. ZM have set a new fashion by offering upgrades as individual items that one can order to suit modelling taste. Imagine a whip-a@@ set of Spey Burner cans with resin and PE as an option. A great resin pit with some Airscale instrument work as another...the base elements ,not much.

Maybe not worrying about whatever HB or Trumpeter release is a good thing. Afterall with the quality of resin work that Derek, Harold, Paul Fisher, Roy Sutherland, Radu and others can produce its easily better than anything in injected.

Go for it Derek. I'll still lay good money down that your Beaufighter interior, etc when combined with whats already out there as a base kit and Sergeis engines will steal the show from anyone doing injected kits...even Tamiya. I reckon you'd do a great job of the Phantom and Tornado F3 as well.

Cheers Matty

Thanks for your personal views on this one Matt...I have taken the liberty of copying your post and replying to it on the RAF Phantom exhaust nozzles thread.

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B