Tamiya 1/16 R/C Tiger and stalled Kublewagen

WrongWay

What, no historically correct swastikas? What's up with that?

:huh:

IIRC, (if im wrong here someone from Germany please correct me) I believe it is illegal to show swastikas in public in Germany.

Unless Im missing the crux of what you are asking Kev.

That´s the fact, exactly.

Thomas

I realized that was probably what that was about, but for models? Oh well, can't argue with the law I suppose, no matter how silly it is. Does this same law extend to preserved or restored Luftwaffe aircraft in Germany?

Kevin,

it is illegal to show swastikas in public in Germany

I am afraid this includes preserved or restored Luftwaffe aircraft, or at least nobody wants to risk to walk the small line between the law and its exceptions. It is allowed to show historical photographs of a Me 109 in a magazine, but another picture of the same aircraft having been restored and flying today in its original camouflage has the swastika to be retouched, because it is no contemporary picture!

I do not want ot go deeper in this, it is too silly and makes me shake my head :BANGHEAD2: . We are silly, we Germans... :mental: . But i think you knew that... :D

......... We are silly, we Germans... :mental:

No sillier than us yanks Thomas! :lol: :mental: :doh:

HA! That made me chuckle a bit. I can respect anyone who can have a bit of a laugh at their own expense. It shows humility and that is a good trait!

Cheers,

Brian