• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#136 Cees Broere

Cees Broere

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:15 AM

Well, in the Stirling and Halifax you could walk upright without problem.

#137 Shoggz

Shoggz

• LSP Editors
  • 663 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:05 PM

I'm getting a bit excited about an upcoming visit to East Kirby, as not only will I see Just Jane, but hopefully I'll get to sit in Tony Agar's Mosquito which is now based there too.

My Dad is a longtime friend of Tony's and he's coming with me!

• Lancman likes this
Real name - Richard!

#138 Gerhard

Gerhard

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:08 PM

Take plenty of pics. 

#139 Cees Broere

Cees Broere

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

I have met him once at Elvington and spent some time with him. he even showed me his storage area. I was amazed at what was stored there. His Mosquito is a magnificent achievement especially as you know with little parts he started with.

#140 GrahamF

GrahamF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:05 PM

Don't forget they're not open Sundays
Graham

#141 SimonCornes

SimonCornes

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

I will have to have one and I'm as excited as everyone else! I'm intrigued by the possible price though when you look at the B-17 and thats currently listed at £310.00 with the Big H.  To me, the B-17 has extra turrets and a waist area. The Lanc has virtually everything in the nose then mid upper then tail so you could argue that there are fewer parts in a Lanc kit than a B-17. But then maybe HKM don't expect to sell as many Lancs, worldwide, as B-17's?

Hopefully we'll be looking at circa £300 though which means 'well worth buying from Hannants on pre-order', assuming they will give the usual 10% off RRP and it should be free postage as well.

But then I consider the forthcoming Hobbyboss B-24. Their Black Widow is listed at £145 compared to £215 for an HKM B-25. I suppose its David versus Goliath really with HKM versus HB/Trumpeter. I expect the B-24 will be around the £250 mark and will be a hell of a kit but it is intriguing to compare similar aeroplanes kitted by different manufacturers and asking why the prices should be so far apart. At the  end of the day, I will spend the money and suck it up and be glad for it!!

Simon

IPMS:10736

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users