Tamiya Mosquito and Spitfire

shan

I would be happy to show you guys, I just am not sure how to post them..... maybe a PM?? I have LOTS of unrestored pics of CF-HMS.....

Jeff, if you're happy to, you can email them to me, and I can post them on the website as a Walkaround. This is the best way if there's a lot of them. Otherwise, you'll need to upload them to a third-party hosting site (such as Photobucket), and then link them to your posts.

Kev

Shan

.....You picked two awesome Tamiya kits for sure and a wonderful start on the Merlins. I've built both of Tamiya's Spits.....

Sorry to be pedantic....  Tammy have produced three 1/32 Spits, the Mk IX, MkVIII and the Mk XVI - the latter is often overlooked but, in my view, with its cut down rear and bubble canopy is the most beautiful of all the Spitfires.  I am doing a build of it now.  I agree with everything else in your post.....

Sorry to be pedantic....  Tammy have produced three 1/32 Spits, the Mk IX, MkVIII and the Mk XVI - the latter is often overlooked but, in my view, with its cut down rear and bubble canopy is the most beautiful of all the Spitfires.  I am doing a build of it now.  I agree with everything else in your post.....

Thanks for that opinion barry, but the only thing that bothers me is that clipping of that beautiful iconic wing

Thanks for that opinion barry, but the only thing that bothers me is that clipping of that beautiful iconic wing

I appreciate that....  While other marks of Spit did have the clipped wing as well, combined with the bubble canopy it gives the Mk XVI a very distinctive appearance that looks to me very businesslike.  Its all a matter of taste.....

Guest Peterpools

Barry

I will absolutely be adding Tamiya's bubble Spit down the road to my collection - time just seems to be always the enemy!

Peter

Will be watching this build as both the HK and Tamiya Mosquito have somehow landed in my stash.......... Dammit! 

Lovely work on those engines. 

ha ha, it would be cool to see a dual build? the bomber version(with cookie bomb)  and the fighter bomber version?

Shan, I sent Kev all the un-restored pics I have of the Mossie, check out the new walk around he set up... hope they help..

Jeff

thank you Jeff, you photographs are a real treasure trove, and thank you Kevin for uploading them, just in time too, i was working on the wheel bays and fire walls last weekend.

Jeff, i really thought i was done with the pipe works, but looks like there are lots more detail shown on your pics. Thank again Jeff.

Finally found some time to work on the models.

started out by adding some details to the engine gondola's

gondola%20details_zpstslwzqey.jpg

then went on to apply surfacer and some pre shading and artificial shadows

gondola%20preshade_zpstivkyn9n.jpg

nacelle%20int%20walls-preshading_zps7xyi

shcarge-preshade_zpstaqfjiyw.jpg

had the frames painted, i used Tamiya's sky and a mixture of green, but added some cockpit interior wash later on to darken the tone

gondola%20paint_zpslm0b74uo.jpg

proceeded to paint the metals

metals_zpsqt9etdg3.jpg

added some salt for weathering affects

shcarge-salted_zpseu57q7pn.jpg

i used common table salt with a mixture of Mc Donalds fine salt

salt_zps9maqa2xg.jpg