TAC Scale Dynamics 1/32 Mig-15 bis

Guest Martinnfb

Thank You Paul, my hobby time is very limited into a short periods between work and family. Seattle show is coming up, it would be nice to bring it there (wishfull thinking)

Cheers

M.

And lastly, here is another set from ProfiModeller, look at that cool looking brakes, last series of Faggots have them modified as such. Also the rear view mirror is needed if you are aiming for late series Mig, miso excited, wheeeee :)

faggot%20025_zpsubzrg8lh.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Thank you for the invite Paul, we shall see about the fall road trip down south Right now it's fifty/filthy.

Thank You Teresa, yup little Fafay (butterfly) is growing and makes us very happy, to be completely honest , if it wasn't for her I would leave the country already.

I had at about 3 hours of work in, scribing is fun, polishing too , thanks to Wolf who is always ready with advice and help when I need that

I began to experiment with applying of etched covers from ProfiModeller, just a few There are some cover plates located in the transition of vertical stabilizer and fuselage and in real life there are never perfectly flush,in between the panel lines,, so instead of scribing thru superglue I opted to go with metal , blend it in and buff it to smoothy - smoothness :)

pics sucks as usually :)
faggot%20027_zpsfsg4zed9.jpgfaggot%20028_zpsqcqoajql.jpgfaggot%20031_zpsrjrg3rn7.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

OK Martin, I think you've set a new standard for nuts !  :frantic:  :)

That's going to be very cool looking when you finally get them all installed.

keep up the great work,

Paul 

Thank you Paul, I was thinking about combining scribed paneling and covers with etched ones. It will create an inconsistent look. I may not rivet this one .The camouflaged machines from towards the end of the war were covered with several layers of paint most likely very smooth and if not gloss then semi gloss

I like it martin ! Stay with it my man.........Harv  :popcorn:

Thank You for the support Harvey, I am enjoing this one a lot. It is an easy build but the basic kit is good foundation, to start from.

All looks good from here, Martin.  It's taking shape nicely.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank You Mark, i's an interesting journey for sure. Working with resin is something new for me, so try and error scenario.

There is not much to offer in terms of pictures today. Scribing takes ages, actually it is not so much the actual scribing as much as the research  of the differences between the versions.

So for today only one inspirational picture. :)

Get+on+the+choppa_49a547_4381796.gif

Martin, you better not even THINK about leaving the country! Ok, I feel better now. :fight:

She's really startin' to come together now man. Love it!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank you Opa, I wouldn't leave you here alone :), you know my attitude, the times are rough, but we shall overcome With the help of my family and you are my family whether you like it or not :).

Thank you for the advise  regarding the white Tamiya primer I am going to try it soon

Nice! That looks really keen with the PE plates sunken and smoothed into the surface

Thank You Brian, I opted for this sunken look instead of sharp edges protruding over the surface in a somewhat  an unnatural way and again it is an experiment.

I have been scribing , last night. If the time permits I will sculpt the tail bumper and new gun fairings and trim tab actuators covers tonight. So have your fingees crossed.

pictures will follow soon

Well Guys , today I recieved  an envelope from France. And guess what was inside?

faggot%20032_zpschorhndp.jpg

Yes, Hubert,( Mostly Racers)  designed and cut for me a set of masks for my Korean Mig. What a kind and generous man, I am so very grateful Hubert THANK YOU!

Edited by Martinnfb