Fok. D.VII Seven Swabians -4/28/14 - All Done!

seiran01

• 2 weeks later...

These will likely be the last in-progress photos of this wonderful kit - ive got to streamline the completion in order to finish by Friday night! Still to do are the last few decals, propeller, guns, tail skid, tires, struts, and the minor rigging needed - this is doable!

Note the difference in tone between the wing and ailerons - this is the exact same decal sheet from Aviattic, the wing has a deck tan (or buff) Tamiya base coat and the ailerons have a white base. Rather enjoying that contrast.

2014-04-22.jpg

2014-04-22.jpg

All done! Finished her at midnight on Friday and she took first place in 1/48 and larger biplanes category at the Model Classic show here in Northern Virginia on Saturday. This is the first time since turning 18 that I've won a category and of all the kits I've entered, I couldn't be happier that this is the one that won it. I've never built a duplicate of a kit before but I'm very seriously considering building another Wingnut D.vii.

The display base is (was) a cheap plastic photo frame painted black, with a Wingnut Wings 1:1: scale Fokker logo on it.  I had planned to use the Albatros logo in 1:1 scale but it's primarily black with no outline.. didn't exactly plan that one out!

photo+9.JPG

photo+1.JPG

photo+8.JPG

photo+6.JPG

photo+5.JPG

photo+3.JPG

photo+2.JPG

Guest Peterpools

Mike

Congratulations on your first place in the 1/48 and larger biplanes category ... well earned and just a gorgeous build!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

• 2 months later...