1/32 revell vs trumpeter mig 29

The Dude

The corrections to the old Revell kit consist of adding all the Zactoman goodies, the Cold War Studio cockpit, and a Master nose probe. By the time you drop all that money, you still haven't completely fixed all of the issues.

IMHO the main problem in the Revell kit are those too high lerx curves near the canopy... several years ago CWS (Stanislav) had ventilated a totally new fwd fuselage but still not seen

s4tftl.jpg

Edited by Luca

All I need to know is where's the aftermarket?

There's already a stack of stuff for the Trumpeter MiG-29K/M prototypes, and Revell renditions.

At the Big H:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=MiG-29&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Waiting for my MiG, then will see if the Zactomodels nozzles might fit (and to compare inlet stuff).

Tony

• 2 months later...

The two biggest things that I noticed on the new trumpy kit is that the leading LEX is a little on the short side ............................................

Is it me or do the leading edge extensions end too far back on the Trumpeter? On the real thing it looks like they should go past the front of the canopy but on this one they seem to end half way along it.....might be an optical illusion.

According to a comparison with a drawing (whatever one may make of such a comparison (personally I'm highly suspicious of any drawings))

The LEX might not entirely be the problem but rather a potentially messed up placement / design of the cockpitsection???

Look at post #33:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=34338&p=933488