Revell 1/32 Bf109G-10 Erla

Thunnus

Thanks guys!  I appreciate the kind words on this past build!

On 3/19/2020 at 2:08 AM, alaninaustria said:

Awesome work mate!!!

I would love to see how you display these beauties!

Cheers

Alan

All of my 1/32 builds have been commissions so I don't have any to display!  Which is fine with me as I am not one who wants to have a collection of built plastic models.  I like working on them and documenting the results with photos.  I'm happy to part ways with the models after that!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I keep going back to this build. I'm doing the same model, without the extra nose piece but I'm stuck. I see the note on which paints were used for the green and grey upper surfaces. Mr Hobby aqueous isn't available to me anymore. (God rot our nanny state government)  I have the Vallejo paints and my grey comes out a heck of a lot darker. As a matter of fact you just about can't make out a difference between the two. I'd appreciate a hand on this if there are any alternatives I can try, as the model is currently stuck in limbo.

Edited by Sabre F-86
Missed a post above

On 7/23/2021 at 9:00 AM, Sabre F-86 said:

I keep going back to this build. I'm doing the same model, without the extra nose piece but I'm stuck. I see the note on which paints were used for the green and grey upper surfaces. Mr Hobby aqueous isn't available to me anymore. (God rot our nanny state government)  I have the Vallejo paints and my grey comes out a heck of a lot darker. As a matter of fact you just about can't make out a difference between the two. I'd appreciate a hand on this if there are any alternatives I can try, as the model is currently stuck in limbo.

Like you noted, I used Mr Hobby Aqueous for the camo painting (RLM 76, RLM 75 and RLM 83).  I'm not familiar with Vallejo paints but the first thing I would check is to make sure that I was using RLM 75 (Grey Violet) and not RLM 74 (Grey Green).  RLM 74 is the darker of the two but one can be easily mistaken for the other.  I'm not sure where you reside and what paints are available to you but I would recommend checking out AK Real Colors.  They behave very similarly to Tamiya and Mr Hobby Aqueous acrylics and I use the three interchangeably.  Another paint line that I have not used personally but seem to highly recommended here is the Mr Paint line (MRP).  I hope you find a resolution!

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2022 at 11:34 AM, Airborne1 said:

I am in the U.S.A., I know I am very late with this reply, I wonder if the author, or anyone else, can help Me find the cowling ???. 

A GREAT build, thanks to all !!.

Thank you!  I'm not sure they are still available but here is the link to AMUR Reaver's listing of the G-10 cowling...

http://amurreaver.ru/?p=1544

On 8/7/2022 at 9:56 PM, Sasha As said:

Great construction!!!

Thank you Sasha!