Bf109 thread. Hints and tips. Contributions welcome.

mpk

Available via e-Bay, Dale :) ...

He keeps updating various items available ... sells a run ... then it's available again after a while!

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/mkf2341/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Rog :)

Very cool. I've saved the 'seller'. 

Thanks Rog! :D

Is this where all those amazing riveted spinners I see on this place come from?

Here are some Bf 109 E-1 and E-3 images from a film entitled  "2. Staffel I. Jagdgeschwader 77 " "Grünherzen"  filmed in the summer of 1939. Hannes Trautloft is featured rather prominently.  Aircraft are painted  RLM 70/71 over 65.  Cockpits appear to be RLM 02.

Note the light gray paint applied to the gun troughs and the blue paint applied to some supercharger intakes.

Werk Nummer are applied in white to the vertical tail surfaces.  Additional white lettering is applied to the port rear fuselage, indicating the unit, the airfield, Breslau-Schöngarten, and a telephone number, 910?2/53

It is interesting to note that on some machines the upper wing crosses extend to a portion of the aileron. 

JG 77

Trautloft_JG77-1.jpg

Trautloft_JG77--a.jpg

Trautloft_JG77--j.jpg

Trautloft_JG77-l.jpg

Edited by RBrown

Hi guys.

It seems to me that the Bf109 is one of the all time favourite aeroplane models. As such I thought it may be an idea to have a thread devoted to it. This thread can cover all brands, marks, updates, AM etc etc. A kind of One stop shop, for the 109.

I look forward to reading what people have to say. :)

c6269e86-d529-4a78-9672-6b992d498864.jpg

:popcorn: :)

I'm pretty happy with the BarracudaCast spinner and propeller blades, shown here on my "White <<":

011.JPG

You'll find that the kit landing gear are a little fiddly to get together and not very sturdy so I'd recommend the Eduard Brassin landing gear (also used on this kit), especially if you use the AMUR Reaver nose and have the added weight of the resin.  I don't have the Quickboost oil cooler cover so I can't comment on it but the BarracudaCast looks OK to my eye.  Of course the AMUR Reaver set incorporates this so need to go there if you're doing that.

Edited by Mikester