ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Alan, very much appreciated.

I'm learning and taking notes as I go. I'll certainly tone it on on the fuselage panels.

Peter

Peter,  You should definitely be publishing in a magazine - FSM at least.  

I know it is a matter of personal taste, but I like the colors too.   Does give it a bit of a pop and heck, why not?   :punk:   Those engines sitting in the nacelles look terrific.  Here is a question for you: What do they look like in Black and White?  I'm thinking of 'period' photos.  That could be interesting.  

What continues to amaze me is just the detail and the fine degree of workmanship in your builds.  Trying not to gush, but there is 'eye' level of detail, then there is 'photo' level of detail.  With the eye, its easy to miss slight mis-paints or mis-alignments, etc. and frankly most people will not see it.  Esp with my old eyes. With photo's any misses are way too clear.    

Your work is always 'photo quality'.  The painting and detail is so well done that sometimes I have have to check to see did you paint styrene or did you put actual wires, for instance, in there.

Oh, and you and I have talked about this - but your photography skills match your modeling.  It is really helpful to have such consistently clear and sharp pictures of your work.  

I'm hoping to start my next big build here in a few weeks and will be keeping in mind your work.  Great stuff!

Chris

Peter, your hand painting skills are truly exceptional. Mine are downright abysmal. Which is why I'll mask and airbrush the smallest details where possible.

Can't wait to see more of your build.

Carl

Carl

I'm with you on brush painting, especially since moving to 1/32 scale. I do find that if I can mask and air brush, that the results are much smoother, over all more consistent finish, but that's just me.

Joel

Guest Peterpools

Carl

So very much appreciated. I can't imagine masking all the plumbing and then air brushing. I would never have the patience.

All the panels I planned on installij=-ng are on, and of course sanding, filler and scribing are in order. Hopefully, I'll be able to start the paint work on the inside of the fuselage panels this week.

See what happens

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ron

The flash and molding issues were something I wasn't expecting either and hopefully the worst is over with. I think I keep on saying this. :mental:

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Very much appreciated. I'm pretty sure that's the route I'm going to take as a bit of color really makes a huge difference.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Chris

Thank you so much for your very kind comments on the Owl and my photography, they are greatly appreciated. I'm so glad my photography helps in detailing the work and I do have a confession; if I do see something in an image I posted, I do try and go back and fix it. One area I shy away from is using macro (Micro in Nikon language)  photography, as it poorly renders the work. Close focusing is a better option and sometimes, I'll avoid and image altogether, as it appears too far out of scale in the final image.

I never thought of a period B&W, so I gave it a shot. Not great but absolutely food for thought.

_PCW3764_zpsc9owlvii.jpg

Looking forward to your upcoming build thread with great interest.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools