35 Yr Old Monogram Z to SS Camaro-PROJECT COMPLETED-07/20

mustang1989

Yeah, It was hard for Gregg too. He took it really hard. I had a chance to talk with Harry via PM's and a few emails and he was indeed a good guy.

I always liked him, and never had any issues with his moderating style at all. Gregg seems like real good people too.

So who are Harry and Gregg?

They are administrator/moderators on modelcarsmag. The last time I had logged on there, Harry was fighting some very bad health problems, and finally succumbed. Gregg is the principal administrator, and a pretty good guy, as was Harry. Since I know Joe from over there, but actually seem him here more frequently (since I'm here more frequently), it seemed logical to talk about it here. 

A few days late to the game here folks. Finding time to be on the forums is proving difficult as of late as there's just been so much going on.

I've been working steady on the engine and have managed to get the carburetor on with the fuel lines and fuel filter as well as the ignition system all taken care of. Looking back I wish I would've included the barrel nut for the fuel line to fuel pump connection but it's installed now so there's no going back now. I'll be coming up with a throttle return spring and bracket as well as some other goodies soon.

001_zps18krhotx.jpg

002_zpsxdsj6kvf.jpg

I shot the gloss coat on this morning and I really couldn't be happier about the outcome. I used MM "Wet Look" gloss coat and it'll dry like this. You can see the chameleon like effect on the lower parts of the body going from green to blue to purple. Now for the week long cure out...................

001_zpsxgzqd4dr.jpg

002_zps9zw8zpnp.jpg

Thanks guys!

As for the primer, I never pay full price for anything (unless its for charity :innocent:) and Hobby Lobby has that magical 40% off coupon so I ended up paying around $7.00 for that primer and it is all that and a bag of party mix.

The automotive color was shot through a Badger 350 as was the gloss coat. I decanted it and allowed to air out to get all the air bubbles out of it then shot it through the 350. I like the external mix airbrushes for these gloss coats.

Joe and Gazzas: Thanks fellas. I've been an automotive tech for about 21 years working in Chevrolet Dealerships and more recently as a supervisor in a Fleet Service Department. Before that I was a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (aka 68B in the U.S. Army National Guard for 6 years)) , a Utility Helicopter Repairer (UH-1H Huey Crewchief aka 67N10 in active U.S. Army for 8 years) and before that automotive repair started out for me since the age of 11 years old in my dads muffler shop in Bowie, Texas. All that being said, I draw from alot of experience when putting scale models together. My weaknesses are weathering and figures and hope to gain that knowledge here from you all. This place has some of the best of everything it seems like in pertaining to aircraft , figures and armor. In short....................this place rocks.

Ok folks. I believe that the 396 is done enough to where I'm going to put it in the chassis and get started on the exhaust system. I temporarily installed the center section of the fan on the front of the front just for picture taking purposes and will remove it so I can use it on the backside of the other fan I have for a future build. N E ways..............here she is:

001_zps2feakvpq.jpg

002_zpsvuv1lz6f.jpg

003_zpsqaveolr5.jpg

And this one I throw in for all my friends at work. They always tell me that I have a giant clothespin hanging out in my garage. icon_giggles.GIF

004_zpskhuxbxiu.jpg