'Mrs. Bonnie' P-51K

IJ001

well%20plumbing%201_zpscsiplx1e.jpg

well%20plumbing%202_zpsyrunbn9k.jpg

Various gauges of fuse wire and stiff florists wire in bundles and individually (super)glued in to place. Not doing too much here just enough to add some interest. My last set of resin updates arrived this morning, so after finishing-up in the wheel wells, I can jump back into the 'pit.

Ian.

Edited by IJ001

OK, on we go... Wheel well done now:

well%20done%201_zpscfmvmvrg.jpg

well%20done%202_zpslwxqzkdc.jpg

Engine bearers and engine bay painted inside & out:

right%20bearer%201_zpseqyllvne.jpg

lef%20bearer%201_zpsmlaop4j9.jpg

right%20bearer%202_zps8xcrqtxt.jpg

left%20bearer%202_zpspajdvd1l.jpg

Fuselage interior(s) painted ready for 'pit and radiator sub-assemblies:

right%20fuse_zpsfvyvspr9.jpg

Then I got brave and went for another test-fit:

test%20fit%202_zpsqutq4yyq.jpg

All looks fine and lines up as well as can be expected at this early stage. Next, back to 'pit - the remainder of my resin goodies arrived this week, so I'm ready to get stuck-in. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

Edited by IJ001

Ian,

Just getting caught up and I'm loving the progress you've made so far. Really makes me want to get started on one of the Mustangs in the stash. Can't wait to see those decals in action!  

Looking forward to more updates.

Cheers,

Ben 

• 3 weeks later...

OK back to the P-51 after finishing my 1:48 F/A-18...

pit%20left%20wall_zps3vm5c6l5.jpg

pit%20right%20wall_zpsupwapywz.jpg

Sidewalls finished. Used Barracuda's placards throughout the pit. Mixed my own green from three parts Tamiya Flat Green (XF5) and two parts Tamiya Chromate Yellow. I've also used the Barracuda resin throttle quadrant - although in this pic the actual (late) throttle lever hasn't yet been added.

pit%20seat%201_zps00itxsmr.jpg

Seat is painted XF5 straight from the bottle for contrast with just a little 'old school' dry brushing for weathering. I'll be using Eduard belts simply because I had already had them 'in stock', otherwise I would have gone with HGW belts.

pit%201_zpsyk5g2llw.jpg

pit%202_zpsatzfoshk.jpg

Barracuda radio battery and leads. The radio itself is the Tamiya item but I cut the switch-box from the Barracuda radio and grafted it on to the Tamiya one. Using Roy's instructions I wired the radio & battery with various gauges of fuse wire all fixed with CA glue.

pit%20IP_zps3mubflom.jpg

IP came-out well and I replaced the control column with the Barracuda one. 

I'll be at the 'Armistice in Cambridge' show at the weekend so will be attempting to thread & fix the seat harness in front of a small and bemused crowd of Kiwi's - photo's may follow next week depending upon how successful that operations goes !!. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, more soon.

AFN

Ian.