• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

Gents, I hope those of you who live in the USA will lend a hand. A very good friend of mine, John Stemple, who is an editor of 20th Century Aviation Magazine, an on line Aviation 'Magazine", along with myself, LCDR Broznak USN, and Congressman Tim Ryan, are on a quest to have the 3500 plus American men who crossed the border from the United States to Canada, and England, to serve in the Royal Air Force and Royal Canadian Air Force BEFORE the U.S.A. was 'officially' involved in World War II., be recognized for their sacrifice and patriotism. Congressman Tim Ryan has introduced a Bill to the Untied States Congress to have made into law, that these men be officially recognized by the Untied States Government.  If passed, this Bill will have the power to have a spacial gold medal designed and struck , with that medal on display at the Smithsonian, and subsequent medals be struck for surviving individuals or family members on behalf of the said individual. I am asking for ALL American members of this forum to  lend their support to this long over due recognition for these 'forgotten' flyers. If anyone is at all interested in helping to promote this incredible endeavor, you can call or write to your Congressional  Representative and let them know you are for this Bill, you can read the Bill, by quoting  H.R.1553 ( If I knew how to post things here I would post it for you guys to read, ) also you guys may find the article that John and I put together of some interest as well...

20thcenturyaviationmagazine.com                   , then look at the right side of the home page and where it says 'recently updated pages" click on the Don Gentile gold medal link.

Also if you guys have a club or group organization that has an official spokesman that can endorse, then they could contact LCDR Broznak personally   valerie.broznak@mail.gov    or call her at 202-225-5261  make sure you quote the Bill   H.R. 1553          “American Patriots of WWII through Service with the Canadian and British Armed Forces Gold Medal Act of 2017”

Thanks guys, I hope you will consider helping us with this long over due recognition , as we all build models of their aircraft, this may also be a great way to honor them.....If I can figure out how to post the Bill I will, if you want to see it...check out the article at 20th Century Aviation Magazine, it's a greta read...

Cheers boys

Jeff

• Derek B and harvey like this

#2 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,663 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for the info Jeff. A very worthy cause for sure. I can't help much but you have my support....Harv
  • Derek B and Jeff like this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#3 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

Thanks Harv, even if you email your Congressional Representative, and say yes to this Bill, it all shows interest, My friend John at 20th Century says your Government takes note if 'we the people' say what we think............  I appreciate your kind thoughts, Harv,  I hope this goes through....

• harvey likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users