Photo

Please...Any chance of Skyraider decals?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 wrbrdmech

wrbrdmech

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:41 AM

Hi Eli,

Got my new P-51D Duxford decals. They look great! Thanks for doing them. Do you think there is enough demand to do some decals for the new Zoukei-Mura 1/32 Skyraider? There seems to be some interest on here. I could help with references if you are interested.

Thanks
Shane Pulliam

#2 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

I'm not Eli but I guess that most aftermarket companies will wait for the soon to be released Trumpy kit.

Indeed, it makes more sense to do sheets that may be used on BOTH kits. This is the best way to ensure that the produced batch will be sold...!

Edited by thierry laurent, 13 October 2011 - 08:32 AM.

#3 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

Thanks Shane for your purchase.
As Thierry wrote, I will wait.
World economy is not very good at the moment and modeling sales, specially with my decals has taken a severe beating.

Hasta la vista, babies!

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

#4 wrbrdmech

wrbrdmech

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:41 AM

I'm not Eli but I guess that most aftermarket companies will wait for the soon to be released Trumpy kit.

Indeed, it makes more sense to do sheets that may be used on BOTH kits. This is the best way to ensure that the produced batch will be sold...!

Hi Thierry,

Do you know if the Trumpeter Skyraiders are actually still coming SOON? Wondered if you had any info? Trumpeter seems to be slowing down on big kit releases and although I've seen them announced, nothing has actually shown up as a release date. I'd like to see the AD-5 released from Trumpeter but I wonder if we will see any Skyraiders anytime soon from Trumpeter. Specially now since ZM have released their kit and the economy what it is I wonder if Trumpeter is being wise as is Eli to be prudent in what or how many new kits are released.

Thanks
Shane

#5 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

Skyraider has been said to be released end of this year (understand beginning of 2012). You've to know that companies such as Trumpeter are working on projects months if not years before actual release. I think we will get one for the simple reason that:

1. They've been working on this one for some time so the internal company issues linked to the fact some engineers and technicians left will have a minimum impact (situation is obviously different for projects for which they only had built a resin prototype...).
2. The demand will be correct in spite of the ZM release (which is quite expensive and not easy to find)
3. The Trumpy one will be less expensive and will have full warload. So, it will be attractive.
4. The arrival of a similar kit by another company is generally a good "incentive" to accelerate the last steps of the development of a kit

So, I do not have info that will guarantee this release at 100% (but except Trumpy management, who has?) but I'm sure that considering abovementioned elements, this will arrive!

#6 Royboy

Royboy

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Well, Eli is right to slow down on new stuff if the other stock isn't shifting very fast.
I had some decals I wanted from here but my current budget was slaughtered by purchasing the Z-M Spad.

The cost of those decals had to be swapped for the E.U taxes and postal company handling for the kit, plus I also got hit by another unexpected bill, these things happen, but it's delayed my decal orders by quite a while.

I expect most of the manufacturers to slow down their releases as the world economy slows down in general, let's hope that it doesn't last too long for everyone's sake! :unsure:
Roy.

Don't just talk about it, build it! 

#7 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi Thierry,

Do you know if the Trumpeter Skyraiders are actually still coming SOON? Wondered if you had any info? Trumpeter seems to be slowing down on big kit releases and although I've seen them announced, nothing has actually shown up as a release date. I'd like to see the AD-5 released from Trumpeter but I wonder if we will see any Skyraiders anytime soon from Trumpeter. Specially now since ZM have released their kit and the economy what it is I wonder if Trumpeter is being wise as is Eli to be prudent in what or how many new kits are released.

Thanks
Shane

Look here:

http://www.cybermode...umpeter09.shtml

and you will see quickly that they complied more or less with the announced program.

#8 KAGNEW

KAGNEW

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

remember, that story is 2 years old and several of those people are no longer there.

Mr Ho and Jackson are about only ones really left

Glen :piliot:

#9 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,125 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

If you really want them, I bet a bribe of $100/sheet from a group of ten or twenty would get Eli's attention! :evil_laugh:

I am sure Eli is waiting on Trumpy to release their Skyraider so there is a larger market.
Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#10 KAGNEW

KAGNEW

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

probably a $100. a sheet for a minimum of 100 sheets would get his blood running..........

LOL!!!!!!!!!

#11 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

Nope,
I'm not waiting on the Trump release. A-6? where is it?

I'm jumping into the wagon and making a sheet of USN versions now, and any USAF that might be applicable for the kit release version.

I have a couple of books on her.
Anyone that would like/want to help I'd be gratefull. I will choose only 3 mkgs to keep the decal cost as low as possible.

You can send any info to: zotz17@yahoo.com

Thanks

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

#12 KAGNEW

KAGNEW

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

Eli

which books do you have? i'll send you some if there not the same.

i had 6 A-1H land on deck yesterday

#13 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

You've bought six ZM Skyraiders!? :blink:

#14 wrbrdmech

wrbrdmech

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

Eli

which books do you have? i'll send you some if there not the same.

So glad I'm not the only crazy Skryraider nut.....I only bought 4. Very pleased with my purchase. I have a hard time believing Trumpeter will offer a better kit. Might be cheaper but it will no doubt have mistakes. I will buy the AD-5 from Trumpeter if it is released though.

-Shane

:speak_cool:

#15 Rui Silva

Rui Silva

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hi Eli,

Glad to know you will make a Skyraider decal sheet, I have one Z-M kit and I will certainly wait for your sheet.

My 3 favourite A-1H options are:

USN Gloss Sea Blue VA-65 (green trim on cowling, green and white rudder stripes);
USN Gull Grey/Gloss White VA-145 (blue fuselage band with lion) and
VNAF Gull Grey/Gloss White 1st Fighter Squadron (black fuselage band with red devil).

Rui Silva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users