Zoukei Mura in 2018 - Ki-45 / Hs -129 NEWS

Jan_G

And here I was thinking I was the lone ranger living in Japan! Whilst perusing the ZM site I found their link to the Volks stores, I think there's 8 or 9 total in Japan and - surprise! - one in Funabashi. I'm based in Narita so Funabashi saves me about 45 minutes on the train, assuming the store is stocked well. I'm in Tokyo for training for the next month so won't get a chance to check that out for a while. 

Thanks for the info on Yodabashi Camera - I'll be checking them out this weekend!

On an amusing note, I'm currently residing in Minato and on a nice day a few weeks ago went on walkabout - just by chance happened to come across the Tamiya Plamodel store!. It's small but has some good features. One, it's 3 stories, the basement is r/c cars, main level is plastic models, and the second story is part race track but part building center which allows kids to interact. Something other locales should be doing if we want our hobby to survive the digital/video game era. The Tamiya store has the full 1/32 aircraft line at killer prices.

I'm moving next week close the the Kamata station (closer to training center at Hanaeda) and there's a Yellow Submarine one stop south from there at the Kawasaki station. I'll report on that when I get there. Always nice to have a hobby shop close by for those hobby emergencies!

Mark san

At risk of furthering the thread creep, I found the Yellow Submarine in Kawasaki - it's gaming only, no modeling at all. Additionally I stopped by Akihabara the other day and there seems to be some kind of realignment going on - I was there too late in the evening to really be able to see what was happening but - Radio Kaikan building, 6th floor, Yellow Submarine still seemed to be the same but Hobby Square on the 8th floor has changed much since I was there a few months ago (shrunk), and next door has expanded to 8 or 9 floors. The ZM and model section (top floor) was closed by the time I got there. Will try to make a trip this weekend to see what's going on.

I like what I'm seeing - r.e., 3-D rendering - with the ZM FW! I know some complain about overkill, too much detail won't be seem, etc., but I like it! There are several (Hase, RoG) kits available without the internal detail for less, so if that's what you want they are available. ZM is offering something for those who want or like more in the box.

One last thought - frankly I think there are more than enough P-51Ds and ME-109s on the market to suit everyone. I like that a manufacturer will take the chance with a kit such as the Ki-45 and HS-129. I want them both because I want some variety in my hobby and on my display shelves. I will support that manufacturer by not only buying these products but also the other products in their line-up, even if a cheaper alternative is available. Why? To keep them going so they can take chances on less mainstream subjects.

Cheers,

Mark san

I understand that Z-M are releasing both all-the-gizzards and "basic" Wurgers. Not sure what format pertains to which submark, or what price the "basics" will sell for on the closed Z-M vending circuit.

At the mo. I'm waiting for the Ki-45...

...and the 1/48 F-4G Adv. Wild Weasel (well, it was advanced back in April 1978 when it first entered service. Funny to reflect that it was retired from SEAD duties twenty-two years ago, then turned into those warty drones.)

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that Z-M are releasing both all-the-gizzards and "basic" Wurgers. Not sure what format pertains to which submark, or what price the "basics" will sell for on the closed Z-M vending circuit.

At the mo. I'm waiting for the Ki-45...

...and the 1/48 F-4G Adv. Wild Weasel (well, it was advanced back in April 1978 when it first entered service. Funny to reflect that it was retired from SEAD duties twenty-two years ago, then turned into those warty drones.)

Tony

The breakdown was laid out like this during the initial announcement:

Fw 190A-3 (Basic)

Fw 190A-4 (SWS)

Fw 190A-5/6/7 (Basic)

Fw 190A-8 (SWS)

Fw 190D-9 (SWS)

• 2 months later...

Very promising indeed! And a special subject as well!

Hope they venture into 1/32 for the jets as well. I am thinking the F-4 Phantom upscaling project :) Super Super Wing Series or Super XL Wing series...and then the F-14 if Tamiya drops the ball on upscaling their 1/48 marvel.

2 hours ago, Jan_G said:

there are new pics of the first test sprues of Ki-45 and test build posted on ZM site

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/sentiment/oyajiblog_100.html

however no words about estimated release date

jan

img_100b002b-runner01.jpg

img_100b002b-kit01.jpg

img_100b002b-kit06.jpg

img_100b002b-kit07.jpg

Yay! The ghost of Matchbox returns, can't say how excited I am about this kit, might need a couple...

14 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

Radu has worked his magic yet once again!! Looks lovely!!!

Cheers

Alan

This one is not my work. ;)

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Yay!  Normal plastic making a comeback!

Matt 

All ZM test shots are done in grey plastic. The Horten 229 I built for the Concept Note was a test shot and it was grey plastic. I am not entirely sure, but I think that the main parts of this kit will be issued in clear plastic. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

9 minutes ago, Radub said:

This one is not my work. ;)...

Oops ... I remembered you once told me you were working on the ZM KI-45. I guess my memory is fading... 

anyhow, she looks awesome!!

Cheers and my apologies for the confusion!!

23 minutes ago, Radub said:

I am not entirely sure, but I think that the main parts of this kit will be issued in clear plastic. 

Down with that sort of thing! (shameless Father Ted quote)

We need a return of three colour plastic kits.