Tempest Review?

Artful69

We don't have possession of one so far, Rog, and I can't say for certain that we will. And of course, also having the PCM kit is even less likely, I'm afraid! But we'll see what we can do. Solving the first problem is easy enough; but finding a reviewer who also has an intact PCM kit will be more tricky. At the very least, we should be able to deliver our usual in-box style review of the kit itself.

Kev

We don't have possession of one so far, Rog, and I can't say for certain that we will. And of course, also having the PCM kit is even less likely, I'm afraid! But we'll see what we can do. Solving the first problem is easy enough; but finding a reviewer who also has an intact PCM kit will be more tricky. At the very least, we should be able to deliver our usual in-box style review of the kit itself.

Kev

Well ... I have the PCM kit in the stash ... and the Special Hobby kit is in transit ...

But I'm no Tempest expert!!  :huh:

Rog :)

There's no harm in not being an expert, Rog. For in-box reviews, we just really want to see, as clearly as possible, what's in the box, with clear descriptions of those things the camera doesn't capture or explain fully. Having said that, we also tend to prefer standalone reviews, so that if a modeller comes along later and wants to see our review of the SH Tempest, they get that, and only that.

So, another option is to post a simple comparison of the respective contents of each kit, comparing things like the nature and level of the provided detail, parts breakdown, moulding quality, etc. If there are obvious shape or detail differences, note them, but you don't have to make accuracy pronouncements about any of it. And you can either do it here as a forum post, or send it to me, and I can publish it on the website (or both, even).

Anyway, just some food for thought, Rog.

Kev

I like that idea Kev ...

I'll leave the 'in-depth' review to those in the know ... They'd probably have access to drawings and the like

But i'm more than happy to open up the box(es) and photograph sprues, close ups etc etc ... I can even whack parts onto a steel rule for measurements if required.

Rog :)

I too have an unbuilt PCM Tempest in my stash....and the SH one on the way....but I'm not sure exactly what people would want to know in a review/comparison...

Isn't the PCM kit NLA anyway?

The PCM Tempest is a good kit for what it is....but it is very basic....almost apples and oranges compared to the SH one....